Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Kerry North - West Limerick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Kerry North - West Limerick

Series of threads on each constituency:

ElectionsIreland.org: 30th Dail - Kerry North First Preference Votes

Currently: 1 FG, 1 FF, 1 SF

Formerly Kerry North, this new constituency takes a large chunk of West Limerick under its belt and it's given some rural areas to Kerry South.

FG seat is safe and the locals show that the FF seat is safe too

Seat 3 is where things get interesting. It'll come down to Labour or SF for this seat.

Labour did very well in the locals with Dick Spring's son Arthur J. topping the poll in Tralee. SF had a slight lead over Labour in Listowel but Labour was 7 points ahead of them in Tralee. It'll be tight but Labour should take the seat

I predict: 1 FG, 1 FF and 1 Labour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davehiggz View Post
    It'll be tight but Labour should take the seat

I predict: 1 FG, 1 FF and 1 Labour.
    Arthur's uncle Dick lost out to Ferris and you think that Dick's lightweight nephew will take the SF seat ? Wishful thinking my old china.

I know the Springs and much as Dick was a pr1ck, he was an intelligent and serious politician. AJ on the other hand is a nice lad but a bit of an airhead.
    One cannot say "Here are our monsters", without immediately turning the monsters into pets.

Kerry North-West Limerick... seriously, isn't this an absolutely ridiculous constituency? Kerry N and Kerry S -each a bit shy of population for 3 seats each so do a little shuffle and then lump a big chunk of Lim West into Kerry North... unbelievable.

Kerry should be a 5 seater - No arguments. Expenses O' Donoghue will be returned automatically, making this a 4 seater.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derrida View Post
    Arthur's uncle Dick lost out to Ferris and you think that Dick's lightweight nephew will take the SF seat ? Wishful thinking my old china.

I know the Springs and much as Dick was a pr1ck, he was an intelligent and serious politician. AJ on the other hand is a nice lad but a bit of an airhead.
    Kerry North had a Labour seat for years until Sinn Féin took it. Now their TD goes to pick up convicted killers from prison! Maybe there isn't a good labour candidate but I'd pick an airhead over an accessory to terrorism any day. I hope the people of Kerry would do the same!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What are you basing this on? I always found him (Dick) to be quite decent, which is a rare thing for a politician. One of the very few I would have time for, in fact. Care to fill us in?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davehiggz View Post
    Kerry North had a Labour seat for years until Sinn Féin took it. Now their TD goes to pick up convicted killers from prison! Maybe there isn't a good labour candidate but I'd pick an airhead over an accessory to terrorism any day. I hope the people of Kerry would do the same!

Well, one sure thing the Kerry people are well able to make up their own minds, and i don't think they need advice on how to vote,

Politics.ie Newbie Fianna Fáiler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Deenihan appears to be the only safe one, FF, Lab and SF will all be in the fight for 2 seats and around the same percentage, It's not known if FF will run 2 candidates or just stick with our current incumbent McEllistrim, The addition of part of Limerick West into the constituency should help FF and FG to a lesser extent. Lab should take the seat over SF thanks to FG transfers and the Terrorist will be unseated.

Likely Outcome - 1 FF, 1 FG, 1 Lab
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZrK5m9SGSE - What A Legacy To Leave Behind.

"Fianna Fáil is the party of Vision, Energy and Ideas not the passive inheritors of events, We are the history makers" - Bertie Ahern

Economic Left/Right: -3.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.08

Quote Originally Posted by Fianna Fáiler View Post
    Deenihan appears to be the only safe one, FF, Lab and SF will all be in the fight for 2 seats and around the same percentage, It's not known if FF will run 2 candidates or just stick with our current incumbent McEllistrim, The addition of part of Limerick West into the constituency should help FF and FG to a lesser extent. Lab should take the seat over SF thanks to FG transfers and the Terrorist will be unseated.

I dont farmers in West Limerick and they are seriously p*ssed off with FF... They are telling me , they gave my showder (FG) a chance next time round... Something about seling cows for less prices then 20 years ago...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fianna Fáiler View Post

wooden be 2 sure coz north kerry is losin ff votes with 20 yrs and ferris vote is not a real sf vote its mostly personal he does the work with a serious machine backin him-ff usually run 2 cadidates and they always fight ff is even fighting at the church gate collections now
    so FG1,LAB1,SF1
    and a cryin collins from abbeyfeale wont help

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shannonBlueShirt View Post
    I dont farmers in West Limerick and they are seriously p*ssed off with FF... They are telling me , they gave my showder (FG) a chance next time round... Something about seling cows for less prices then 20 years ago...

You could be right. Lot's of complaints from farmers about prices at Mart.
    Banking Establishments are More Dangerous to our Liberties than Standing Armies.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast