Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 113 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold breaks through record high

Default Gold breaks through record high

Its hit 1010. Omnious sign.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It has not been below its 200 day moving average since January. It's actually quite normal for gold to perform well at times when the stock market is faring poorly.

In 1980 it went to $2400, adjusted for inflation. So while it's always good to be cautious, there's plenty of room for general optimism, and be aware that prices below $1500 an ounce are not a sign of impending doom.
    When you see the words "Mises" or "Hayek" in someone's post, just ask yourself: do I really want to ban paper money and go back to gold?

You have to pity the kind of people who buy into conspiracy theories. I find the following to be the saddest words on the internet: "Re: connection between Bilderberg puppet lady gaga and viral outbreak in ukraine "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

rumour has it China is buying sh*tloads of Gold!

London has been trying it's utmost to contain a price breakout but is losing the battle.
    "The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.'' ~ J. Edgar Hoover http://tiny.cc/b2jo9

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it has a long way to go before some '80s suckers even break even on their purchase price

Gold, over rated...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by feargach View Post
    It has not been below its 200 day moving average since January. It's actually quite normal for gold to perform well at times when the stock market is faring poorly.

In 1980 it went to $2400, adjusted for inflation. So while it's always good to be cautious, there's plenty of room for general optimism, and be aware that prices below $1500 an ounce are not a sign of impending doom.
    I agree with you in principal. I dont know enough about the movements of gold prices but I will make this observation. A lot of commentators are banging on about gold as if it were the savious of all of lifes ills for people who like investing in stocks and shares. All I have to say is that Gold is traded just like (or very simiular to) stiocks and shares and one can get as easily burned in Gold as they can in any stock or stock portfolio.

Anyway, on a personal level, I'm getting quite sick of comments like - did you see the price of gold today? As if its new new hip thing.

Anyway, my 2c.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gold is for emergencies. It doesn't return a profit, like most other investments. It just holds a certain amount of exchangeable value, can be stored easily without going off and is quickly transportable, unlike most commodities. Its not much use for anything though.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher1 View Post
    All I have to say is that Gold is traded just like (or very simiular to) stiocks and shares and one can get as easily burned in Gold as they can in any stock or stock portfolio.
    That's not entirely true. If you own some gold, your investment can't go to zero, whereas that is a real danger with any individual stock.
    When you see the words "Mises" or "Hayek" in someone's post, just ask yourself: do I really want to ban paper money and go back to gold?

You have to pity the kind of people who buy into conspiracy theories. I find the following to be the saddest words on the internet: "Re: connection between Bilderberg puppet lady gaga and viral outbreak in ukraine "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default China's immense, and growing, impact on the global gold market

LONDON -

There is little doubt that China nowadays has the financial muscle to effectively control the global gold price. The mere sniff of a report that it is taking gold into its official reserves to counteract dollar decline is sufficient to, at the least, stabilise the gold price - and there seems to be little doubt that it is so doing, but at the moment in a manner that is not designed to de-stabilise the dollar or, on the other hand, not to contribute to a quantum leap in the yellow metal's valuation - yet.

Mineweb - POLITICAL ECONOMY - China`s immense, and growing, impact on the global gold market

a delicate balancing act ...
    "The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.'' ~ J. Edgar Hoover http://tiny.cc/b2jo9

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher1 View Post

Anyway, on a personal level, I'm getting quite sick of comments like - did you see the price of gold today? As if its new new hip thing.

Anyway, my 2c.

So, OMG, loike, what do wont to talk about?, loike, the prioce of Heino, loike?

Anyway thats my 2 Kruggerands.....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Syndrome View Post
    So, OMG, loike, what do wont to talk about?, loike, the prioce of Heino, loike?

Anyway thats my 2 Kruggerands.....
    And I'm glad you shared. Your intelligence is remarkable.

Page 1 of 113 123451151101 ... LastLast