Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry McCabe's killers still complaining

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Jerry McCabe's killers still complaining

When will the muderers of Garda Jerry McCabe finally accept that they are criminals and serve their lawful prison term without complaint?
    "You want fame? Well, fame costs. And right here is where you start paying........"

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Jerry McCabe's killers still complaining

Quote Originally Posted by Limerick Lad
    When will the muderers of Garda Jerry McCabe finally accept that they are criminals and serve their lawful prison term without complaint?
    They've made no complaint about serving out their prison terms
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel
    Kevin Walsh, Michael O'Neill, Pearse McAuley and Jeremiah Sheehy claim that since early 2004, they have been consistently refused any form of temporary release. RTE News 27/11/06

Sounds like a complaint to me. Temporary releases are at the discretion of the Minister for Justice and therefore not a right.
    "You want fame? Well, fame costs. And right here is where you start paying........"

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kevin Walsh, Michael O'Neill, Pearse McAuley and Jeremiah Sheehy claim that since early 2004, they have been consistently refused any form of temporary release. RTE News 27/11/06

Sounds like a complaint to me. Temporary releases are at the discretion of the Minister for Justice and therefore not a right.
    I hope that when they do get out that the DPP goes after them for trying to obstruct the course of justice for the interference with witnesses. These b******s should rot in prison until they die.
    My dogma was run over by my karma. Economic Left/Right: 2.00
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.03

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The issue relates to one of them being refused permission to visit his ill and elderly father in hospital. Standard practice in the prison service allows temporary release in circumstances such as this.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeithM

I hope that when they do get out that the DPP goes after them for trying to obstruct the course of justice for the interference with witnesses. These b******s should rot in prison until they die.
    So should you.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I presume that the same thing applies to the killers of RUC officers, eh?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge

I presume that the same thing applies to the killers of RUC officers, eh?
    I believe that when anyone kills a member of the police in ANY country that there should be a mandatory life sentence with no remission.
    My dogma was run over by my karma. Economic Left/Right: 2.00
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.03

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe that when anyone kills a member of the police in ANY country that there should be a mandatory life sentence with no remission.
    Murdering a Guard should be a capital crime and those found guilty should be hanged. There would be no wingeing about "early release" then.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marie_o
    The issue relates to one of them being refused permission to visit his ill and elderly father in hospital. Standard practice in the prison service allows temporary release in circumstances such as this.
    They are all seeking temporary release, not just the one with an elderly father and even if this is standard practice it's not a right but may be allowed for compassionate reasons.
    Seeing as this bunch were not very compassionate to Jerry McCabe when they shot him in cold blood on the main street in Adare they have forfeited their rights in this regard until their prison term is finished.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast