Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: SF and corporation tax

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default SF and corporation tax

I read in the Irish Times on friday that SF support corporation tax in the North being reduced to the same level as in the Republic.I have also read a few SF supporters on here calling for corporation tax in the Republic to be raised.
    Whats the story boys.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As far as i know the last economic module adopted by the Ard Fheis called for an all-ireland rate of 17.5% for small and medium enterprises while retaining higher levels in the north for larger companies
    Sovereignty is Democracy

and the sunday spiteful claimed SF wanted to put he Irish one back up to 40%
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: SF and corporation tax

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Batt
    I read in the Irish Times on friday that SF support corporation tax in the North being reduced to the same level as in the Republic.I have also read a few SF supporters on here calling for corporation tax in the Republic to be raised.
    Whats the story boys.
    It's a fascinating article. The introduction states: 'Sinn Féin is apparently okay with giving tax breaks to big business and the DUP is fine with breaking the tax union with Britain'

She doesn't provide a source for this claim, but merely states it. I would challenge anyone to point to a source for such a claim.

The DUP have been chasing this 12.5% Corporation Tax rate in the negotiations. They're not going to get it. We know it. They know it. The Brits know it. Dublin knows it. Browne is not going to give the Six the power to set its own Corporation Tax rate, and set up a major confrontation with business in England and Scotland.

Our position is clear. Corporation Tax to be retained at the higher level without change. To be reduced to 17.5% in for smaller businesses, matching the Corporation tax rate we propose in the 26 Counties.

Bear in mind, it is in the interests of business to cut Corporation Tax rate, and therefore they dishonestly argue that there is unanimity and consensus around something there is not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

P.ie's ten thousandth thread

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"