Register to Comment
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Interesting Results from the EBU’S Generation What Project.

I suppose the most stunning result from the survey is the following result -

A mass uprising against the Irish government would be joined by more than half of young people in the country, a survey has indicated.
    More than half of young people in Ireland 'would join a mass uprising against the government' | The Independent

As to be expected, with the self-destruction of religious organisations and the low numbers joining religious orders, there is a serious mistrust among young people of religion

Could you be happy without any religious belief? Yes 80%
    Do you trust religious organisations?
    Not at all
    56 %
    32 %
    11 %
    2 %
    Totally

Other interesting results from the survey include -

TRUST IN POLITICS AND MEDIA Trust in the political class is rock bottom. 90% believe some, or all politicians are corrupt. Worst offenders are Greece and France which top the ‘all of them’ poll with 60 and 61%. The Netherlands and Ireland escape the best with only 22% believing ‘very few’ of them are corrupt.
    IMMIGRATION Despite the growth of nationalism and populist politics, there is no appetite for a ban on immigration. Overall 73% believe immigration makes society richer – with particular support in Spain (85%), Germany (83%) and Denmark (83%). European women in general support immigration more than men by 75% to 69%, but young (under-19) UK males drag behind significantly, with only 42% in favour.
    NATIONHOOD Fighting for your country gets a big thumbs down in the Generation What survey. 60% say they wouldn’t (with women leading the No vote in every single country polled, by an average of 66 to 53). The most enthusiastic male fighters are to be found in the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Czech Republic and Ireland.
    Source - https://www.ebu.ch/news/2017/04/ebus...european-youth

The full set of data may be viewed here - Growing Up
    Generation What is an interactive program produced by France Télévisions, Upian, and Yami 2 (together the ‘Producers’), in partnership with the EBU as well as 14 European broadcasters. In essence, it is an evolution of Génération Quoi, a large-scale survey conducted in France in 2013 to draw the portrait of the current generation of 18-34 year olds. This time, 10 countries have joined us for the purpose of making this program a truly European event: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Ireland, Luxemburg, Holland, Wales (UK), and the Czech Republic.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Polls......

Quote Originally Posted by Munnkeyman View Post

More than half of young people in Ireland 'would join a mass uprising against the government' | The Independent

As to be expected, with the self-destruction of religious organisations and the low numbers joining religious orders, there is a serious mistrust among young people of religion

Bloody young people with their wild expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Wascurito View Post
    Polls......
    Well yes, lots of them - which makes it a survey.

The internet has absolutely crucified belief in all religions.
    Anyone with the slightest of doubt can hop online and receive instant confirmation of their mistrust.
    It not only solidifies their questioning, but provides ample other questions & answers to bludgeon church teachings.

The internet allows you to look up the truth.
    The day of trusting someone out of 'faith' is rapidly coming to an end.
    It's no longer necessary.

We're also living in a phenomenal age of advancement.
    Science and technology are completely changing the way we live.
    Religion just drags people back in time.
    It has nothing of substance to offer.

Sure they don't know sh1t, what do you expect.

Well yes, lots of them - which makes it a survey.
    No doubt some of the figures are of use but the idea that 54% of young Irish people are ready to take part in a mass uprising against the government is not one I think is in any way credible.

I'm finding it genuinely difficult to get up to date figures but the ones I've found suggest that only 25% of people in the 18-24 age range do vote; hence my skepticism.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson View Post
    The internet has absolutely crucified belief in all religions.
    Anyone with the slightest of doubt can hop online and receive instant confirmation of their mistrust.
    It not only solidifies their questioning, but provides ample other questions & answers to bludgeon church teachings.

The internet allows you to look up the truth.
    The day of trusting someone out of 'faith' is rapidly coming to an end.
    It's no longer necessary.

We're also living in a phenomenal age of advancement.
    Science and technology are completely changing the way we live.
    Religion just drags people back in time.
    It has nothing of substance to offer.
    All the more reason to stop importing religious fanatics in from the third world who want to drag all of western society back to the stone age.

Quote Originally Posted by Wascurito View Post
    No doubt some of the figures are of use but the idea that 54% of young Irish people are ready to take part in a mass uprising against the government is not one I think is in any way credible.

I'm finding it genuinely difficult to get up to date figures but the ones I've found suggest that only 25% of people in the 18-24 age range do vote; hence my skepticism.
    I wondering mostly about the self-selecting nature of the survey taker! Why did they choose to take the survey in the first place and how were they survey takers targeted?

Quote Originally Posted by razorblade View Post
    All the more reason to stop importing religious fanatics in from the third world who want to drag all of western society back to the stone age.
    We should put that question on the import forms - "Do you wish to drag all of western society back to the stone age?"
    Would that question stop devout Roman Catholics from being imported?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment