Register to Comment
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Yes I agree but to be honest I believe Dev did that purposely to piss off the British.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Fagans View Post
    I have massive Republica roots. I was born in Belfast. I lost my great Uncle Bobby Sands in the Hunger Strikes. I know what the British have done to this country and would love a united Ireland. Howver, I belive the policies of Sinn fein in the shouth have been to idealistic and urealistic which is why i didnt join them. If they became more moderate and had more realistic proposals I may have joined them.
    By more 'moderate' you mean a Green tinged version of Labour? No thanks.

Ireland maintained a policy of neutrality which I stand by. We would have had to fight under a british flag. We have seen through our history how thats worked out for Irishmen.
    Largely beneficial with good pay.

I heard once the average British Imperial Army was up to 40% Irish in some areas.

I don't see how we would've in anyway fought under this supposed British flag?

Sure what, 40,000+ Irishmen fought for Britain anyways?

Would you consider them Traitors?

No thats not what I mean. I just mean that their economic policy in the last general election was so obviously flawed it ruined the partys credibilty for me.

I do truly believe your deluded. I canvassed with David McGuinness in his local election. There was only a team of four of us. Himself, Myself his girlfriend and former councillor Margeret Richardson. I didnt see any of the Ógra members. I also didnt see them when the late Brian Lenhian was still around. The moment David was the only candidate left everyone wanted to come to his aid. Thats what politcs shouldnt be about. That is what yiu are patting yourself on the back for.
    Yer waffling up the wrong tree kiddo. Between Uncle Toms and chancers playing the FF card you will have to get up a bit earlier in the morning to pull the wool over my eyes

I have massive Republica roots. I was born in Belfast. I lost my great Uncle Bobby Sands in the Hunger Strikes. I know what the British have done to this country and would love a united Ireland. Howver, I belive the policies of Sinn fein in the shouth have been to idealistic and urealistic which is why i didnt join them. If they became more moderate and had more realistic proposals I may have joined them.
    I'm the same age as you a chara. Used to have the exact same beliefs as you last year. I live in a small town but next year I'm going to join Ógra Shinn Féin when I'm in ollscoil. I was going to private message you just there but you have your private messages turned off. You seem like a decent, intelligent guy so if you turn them on I'd like to have a chat with you about this kind of stuff.

I suppose i live in the west, where it has always been a bastion of Fine Gael support. However i don't hold grudges against the British and believe it's time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by APettigrew92 View Post
    Largely beneficial with good pay.

I heard once the average British Imperial Army was up to 40% Irish in some areas.

I don't see how we would've in anyway fought under this supposed British flag?

Sure what, 40,000+ Irishmen fought for Britain anyways?

Would you consider them Traitors?
    Nope I wouldnt. I just wouldnt agree with Ireland fighting under a british flag and repaying money to the british government for years to come for the use of their ammuinition and bullets. We would have been held to economic randsom. The very reason Dev refused to repay the Land annunities.

Quote Originally Posted by oggy View Post
    Yer waffling up the wrong tree kiddo. Between Uncle Toms and chancers playing the FF card you will have to get up a bit earlier in the morning to pull the wool over my eyes
    Im not waffling. Merely stating the truth why dont you consult with David McGuinness as to who helped him during his local eection campaign a few years back.

Im not waffling. Merely stating the truth why dont you consult with David McGuinness as to who helped him during his local eection campaign a few years back.
    Dont take any notice he's deluded

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment