Register to Comment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Labour Youth call on the Labour Party to honour pledge to students

Exclusive: Labour Youth call on Labour Party to Honour Pledge to Students

It seems the Stickeens are playing the role of a thorn in the side to the senior party again.

Chances are this is a one off thing, but if LY manage to scrape together some mainstream coverage for this it could be quite embarrassing for Quinn et al.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Isn't this the same Labour Youth who demanded that labour stay in opposition after the election?

Why should anyone pay them any bit of notice?

Objectively I suppose you shouldn't, although having their own Youth Wing march against them isn't exactly good press for the LP

Bad news for the Irish Labour Party.

The Greens flogged this strategy of pretence, to the death, in the last coalition. Even Pravda will be unable to sell this to the people....

Row in, wee shtickeens, row in behind your leaders.
    You know you'll do it eventually. Save your energy and row in.

I recall LY often throwing digs at the leadership in the 90's until a bunch of them where expelled for being Trots. One wonders whether they will be making as much of a nuisance of themselves this time around.

Still, I don't see the Provo Beags protesting the education cuts being implemented by SF north of the border, so at the very least these lads are thinking for themselves instead of cheerleading. Can't see them being listened to any more than a car alarm going off in the distance however...

Ha Quinn will take as much notice of them as a ducks arse. They are of no consequence and they will eventually either grow up or drift off. Quinn's answer to all will be yeah we promised that but in the context of a Labour Government, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by johnj5 View Post
    Ha Quinn will take as much notice of them as a ducks arse. They are of no consequence and they will eventually either grow up or drift off. Quinn's answer to all will be yeah we promised that but in the context of a Labour Government, ha.
    Quinn got hammered by the student rep on primetime the other night ...when asked why he hadn't reduced lecturer pay he said they had a commitment under the CPA ...... The student union leader simply pointed out his commitment not to introduce fees in the last election and asked him why one commitment was more valid than another ....Quinn didn't know what to say ........got quite a roasting and shown to have lied through his teeth with his no fee promise

Don't worry about Labour youth- it's just a phase people go through. I know a bunch of them and they were just as sincere during the 90s and 00s. Then I notied that almost all of them except Cian O Callaghan, who remains as man of principle and who was largely responsible for the growth of the organization at that time, grew up and sold out. Some members that I knew from back then will be actually voting in favor these cuts. I find that ironic since so many of them became active in college.
    Last edited by stopdoingstuff; 13th November 2011 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brughahaha View Post
    Quinn got hammered by the student rep on primetime the other night ...when asked why he hadn't reduced lecturer pay he said they had a commitment under the CPA ...... The student union leader simply pointed out his commitment not to introduce fees in the last election and asked him why one commitment was more valid than another ....Quinn didn't know what to say ........got quite a roasting and shown to have lied through his teeth with his no fee promise
    I saw that primetime debate on Thursday night, im open to correction but i dont recall the student rep bringing up lecturer pay during the debate?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment