Register to Comment
Page 1 of 40 123 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

BNP leader invited to Trinity debate.

BNP leader Nick Griffin given debate platform at Trinity College Dublin | The Jewish Chronicle

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but this could be an interesting night in Trinity. I'm not a fan of Griffin has been quite impressive on the rare occasions that he gets television coverage.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Read the Jewish Chronicle a lot Keith ?

Anyhow, inviting a foreigner to come talk about immigration, lovely

Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    BNP leader Nick Griffin given debate platform at Trinity College Dublin | The Jewish Chronicle

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but this could be an interesting night in Trinity. I'm not a fan of Griffin has been quite impressive on the rare occasions that he gets television coverage.

You must be easily impressed. It's grossly irresponsible by whoever invited him to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post

Regardless of his media performance, I dont believe any dues can be paid to this man. He was an acolyte of people like Colin Jordan and John Tyndall who were out an out Nazis. He has been open about his prior willingness to deny the Holocaust. He was part of a movement that openly welcomed Combat 18.

The guy is not a nice man, and his ideology is not very nice either.

They also invited Fred Phelps on one occasion. An invite from trinity alas is no indication of the quality, as opposed to the controversy, of the invitee.

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    You must be easily impressed. It's grossly irresponsible by whoever invited him to do so.
    I'm all for giving Nick Griffin the freedom of expression to verbally hang himself.

''The Union of Jewish Students urged Trinity College to "deny the BNP a platform"''
    How ironic

Awww..how lovely...our immigrant scum is at long last coming home, welcome back Ó Gríobhtha!

The recurring 'freedom of speech' who-ha that happens in Trinity. I remember when David Irving - the dingbat Holocaust denier, passing himself off as a 'historian' -came to speak at the 'Hist'. Enormous uproar and tension. Of course it would have been much more powerful if everybody (Edit: "if we", I played my part in that circus too) just ignored the clown.

Quote Originally Posted by ocoonassa View Post
    Awww..how lovely...our immigrant scum is at long last coming home, welcome back Ó Gríobhtha!
    +1!

Page 1 of 40 123 11 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment