Register to Comment
Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 44 ... LastLast

Do sinn fein have a chance here?

They were on 6% in the 07 election and over 8% in the locals and recent polls are showing sinn fein in and around 12-13% in the leinster area

It would seem on the figures that they'd be in with a serious shout for the last seat.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Fair dues to mickterry for displaying an honesty on this issue that is completely beyond IMFF on most issues.

I'm curious as to how any alleged democrat could countenance voting for undemocratic opponents of free speech like Pat FFitz.

As for my own allegiances I am straight anti-gombeen all the way down the ticket, with the additional proviso that I will never give a preference to anyone I consider to be a thicko. In Wickla at any rate, this narrows my options considerably, but there are still 2 or 3 candidates on the ballot who haven't disgraced themselves with idiocy ... yet. But as they say, a week is a long time in politics.

if Eugene Finnegan gets elected how is his seat on BTC filled? does he nominate an independent/FF to take his place?

probably the most futile comment ever posted in Pie
    Last edited by AfterLifeOfPie; 21st February 2011 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wicklowperson View Post
    If you want a strong Government vote the Fine Gael team of Harris , Doyle and Timmins. Independents even if well educated will still want something like Lowry and Healy Rae.
    The last few years have seen the action of this type TD, Donnelly will be the same if he wants to support and see FG in Government there are three great FG candidates, Is he going to join FG after been elected?
    Smear, smear, smear...Donnelly must be doing something right. FG must be scared that one of their backbenchers won't get elected.

Given the great clamour for change in the County/Country if the people of Wicklow return 3FGs/ 2 Labs and or a FF remnant (aka THE POLITICAL ESTABLISHMENT that has taken us to the desolate place) and leave Donnelly on the shelf then we are more screwed than I thought.

Question why does Donnelly jeopardise a successful career to enter Irish politics, probably taking a salary drop in the process? I doubt it is for the job security, anti-social hours or the 'power' of the position..............!!

Anyone who has heard him talk knows he is part of the solution going forward. We need to elect him and send a signal to other constituencies and other qualified people that there is room for more them in our political system - a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by mickterry View Post
    I would doubt that Pat Fitz would agree with that sort of thing. If I thought he did I would not vote for him!

then I suppose you won't be voting for him, as far as I know it was Tommy the veg man who parked it there on Sunday morning, I'm sure Pat Fitz got plenty of calls of complaint about it also! There's murder going on in Arklow about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tiddles View Post
    then I suppose you won't be voting for him, as far as I know it was Tommy the veg man who parked it there on Sunday morning, I'm sure Pat Fitz got plenty of calls of complaint about it also! There's murder going on in Arklow about it!
    The country is going down the tubes and all Arklow is worried about is poster wars.

Serious Question for you. After the people of Arklow have settled the popularity contest between Kelly, Dempsey and Fitzpatrick who is going to get the their number 4 vote?

Face facts. None of the above 3 will be a TD so transfers from Arklow will be crucial in deciding the election. What parties have been working hard on the ground in Arklow? In addition, which candidates from those parties have been in Arklow?
    Last edited by Craiced; 22nd February 2011 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaterInfo View Post
    Smear, smear, smear...Donnelly must be doing something right. FG must be scared that one of their backbenchers won't get elected.

Given the great clamour for change in the County/Country if the people of Wicklow return 3FGs/ 2 Labs and or a FF remnant (aka THE POLITICAL ESTABLISHMENT that has taken us to the desolate place) and leave Donnelly on the shelf then we are more screwed than I thought.

Question why does Donnelly jeopardise a successful career to enter Irish politics, probably taking a salary drop in the process? I doubt it is for the job security, anti-social hours or the 'power' of the position..............!!

Anyone who has heard him talk knows he is part of the solution going forward. We need to elect him and send a signal to other constituencies and other qualified people that there is room for more them in our political system - a lot more.
    I have to say the Donnelly campaign leaves me a little cold. It reminds me of the Evelyn Cawley campaign last time out, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Then as now, web fora were swamped and people swore blind that Cawley would romp home. In the end, she managed a respectable couple of thousand of votes and was never heard of again. Donnelly should do better than that, and cosying up to FG might help him in the transfers but really, anyone who thinks it'll be 3 FG + Donnelly (Ind FG) is only fooling themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tiddles View Post

Indeed, 'Truckgate' is not going to help Pat Fitz.
    will be interesting to see if The Wicklow People cover this story tomorrow. They are less than toothless when it comes to local politics. Must be all the advertising revenue they rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by MaterInfo View Post

This is not a smear, Donnelly is like M Martin appearing on every media show in town (How come he gets on all the radio -tv shows is there not over 200 indep standing??) Soundbites we need a strong Government not more of the same like the last FF/Lowry/Healy Rae, No need to sub Donnelly. Ross etc for Lowry and Healy Rae

Quote Originally Posted by endajo View Post
    I have to say the Donnelly campaign leaves me a little cold. It reminds me of the Evelyn Cawley campaign last time out, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Then as now, web fora were swamped and people swore blind that Cawley would romp home. In the end, she managed a respectable couple of thousand of votes and was never heard of again. Donnelly should do better than that, and cosying up to FG might help him in the transfers but really, anyone who thinks it'll be 3 FG + Donnelly (Ind FG) is only fooling themselves.
    No....but 2 FG + 1 Donnelly is a whole new dynamic

Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 44 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment