Register to Comment
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Windowshopper View Post
    I would hope that his approachs towards NK will be successful, but the Anglo media is taking a very Trump centred view and is not given the SK president more credit than he's due. Apart from that no.
    In that case you don't appear to be inflicted with TDS. A sufferer cannot give any credit at all because it conflicts with the hatred.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Trumps abuse aimed at Iran was a classic distraction. Or so I thought until a commentator said Trump thinks this abuse worked with DPRK and so it will work with Iran. Nobody could be that stupid, could they?

Quote Originally Posted by Levellers View Post
    Trumps abuse aimed at Iran was a classic distraction. Or so I thought until a commentator said Trump thinks this abuse worked with DPRK and so it will work with Iran. Nobody could be that stupid, could they?
    Or clever. Truman did it with Japan. Nixon did it with Vietnam. Trump has done it with North Korea. Works every time.

These lads are scared sh1tless of a seemingly reckless and crazy American POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    It was Charles Kruthhammer who identified the reaction to President George W Bush as "Bush Derangement Syndrome" defined as ""the acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people in reaction to the policies, the presidency – nay – the very existence of George W. Bush." The condition subsided during the Obama era, but emerged again with the election of Donald J Trump as President and re-defined by Kruthammer a harsh critic of Trump as , " Trump derangement syndrome is described as a Trump-induced "general hysteria" among the chattering classes, producing an "inability to distinguish between legitimate policy differences and ... signs of psychic pathology" in the President's behavior."[6]

If any US President makes key decisions and implements them over his/her term, some of these decisions would have to be good ones on the law of averages. Even if only 5% of Trump's decisions were benign and helpful, one would expect that they would receive due recognition by everyone.

Justin Raimondo, a self-described "conservative-paleo-libertarian",[7] divided the "syndrome" into three stages; in the first, those who "lose all sense of proportion," next, they experience "a profound effect on ... vocabulary" and begin to "speak a distinctive language consisting solely of hyperbole," and, in the final stage, the afflicted "lose the ability to distinguish fantasy from reality."[8] Jonathan S. Tobin defines it as "disgust at his manner and his tweets such that all distinctions between him and genuine villains is lost."[9] Fareed Zakaria defined the Syndrome as "hatred of President Trump so intense that it impairs people’s judgment."

I feel that all of these definitions are valid, my personal favorite for the President's job was Ted Cruz, but I believe Brexit, Trump and the emergence of Europe's right is the forced adjustment by the people to a creeping communist, leftist, Greenist Liberal undemocratic movement.

I rely heavily of Wikipedia for references and hope others will develop the topic. The word Hyperbole is defined as "exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally"

Having thought about it, I believe this condition exists and is closely related to mass hysteria. It's caused by the emergence of mass media and social media where ideas are acquired and built on. Sufferers cannot accept that (with a few exceptions), they have three ways to realize their dreams, 1) get lucky and win the lotto, 2) vote and hope other voters share you view and 3) complain. I don't buy lotto tickets, I learned a long time ago that voting is futile and that complaining only serves to transfers one's frustration with like minded people and imposes one's derangement syndrome on the unwilling ears of the rest of us.

I do not find the syndrome in the general population of Ireland or America, I would guess 10% at most. Having thought about it again, I suspect that it is the determined refusal by a minority to accept the democratic will of the people by every means short of armed rebellion. Few societies can please everyone.
    You not only not looking you wouldn't see it if it stared you straight in the face Cyp, Eagle, Petaljack.......................................

Quote Originally Posted by Notachipanoaktree View Post
    You not only not looking you wouldn't see it if it stared you straight in the face Cyp, Eagle, Petaljack.......................................
    Cyps mine and Petaljam is happily married to someone else.

Enough of these jealous attempts to start unfounded rumours, you disgusting little incel...

Maybe but we have to remember Krithammer was a neocon ghoul, and he was trying to paint those who were hysterical who rightfully hated Bush for the Iraq War.

I think the obvious example of 'Trump Derangement System' would be those liberals who boost anything a Bush or one of his flunkies say anything mildly critical of Trump even though the Bush administration was in many ways worse than the Trump administration (so far). Trump is worst in other ways in his xenophobia and the fact that he's obviously not lucid.
    Irish Times used to have articles from him back in the day when people were interested in reading opinions that differed from their own. Now we have a circle jerk fron Fintan Mulally and the rest of them with world views that are completely indistinguishable and articles that blur into one another.

Deflects attention from their deference towards those in authority here.
    So Tulsa and the HSE has failed vulnerable children should we ask the Health Minister about this ?
    Hey look Trump

Nice socks Leo

Check this guy out-apparently he's the chap behind the 'Dilbert' cartoons. He's very good on TDS. See also his video about the #walkaway movement. Very good on how senior US Liberals are deliberately terrifying ordinary people for their own goals. Then watch Netflix's truly awful 'Dear White People'- this is 'Trump's nazi USA' as the Libtarded elites want you to see it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aGV3lQvvqA

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza15 View Post
    Check this guy out-apparently he's the chap behind the 'Dilbert' cartoons. He's very good on TDS. See also his video about the #walkaway movement. Very good on how senior US Liberals are deliberately terrifying ordinary people for their own goals. Then watch Netflix's truly awful 'Dear White People'- this is 'Trump's nazi USA' as the Libtarded elites want you to see it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aGV3lQvvqA
    Scott Adams is excellent. I have been watching his videos since before the election. He has been right on the money in his analysis (which he emphasises is conducted through a lens of persuasion). He predicted Trump would beat Hilary and mostly successfully predicted the evolving Trump Presidency to date.

Quote Originally Posted by ruman View Post
    Irish Times used to have articles from him back in the day when people were interested in reading opinions that differed from their own. Now we have a circle jerk fron Fintan Mulally and the rest of them with world views that are completely indistinguishable and articles that blur into one another.

Deflects attention from their deference towards those in authority here.
    So Tulsa and the HSE has failed vulnerable children should we ask the Health Minister about this ?
    Hey look Trump

Nice socks Leo
    The opposite is preferable. In a just world all those in the press who boosted the Iraq War would have been shunned, but most of them still enjoy glittering careers as columnists or talking heads. The liberal media is the worst for it, as they take the whole balance thing seriously, but as many critics have pointed out this pursuit of balance can lead to amoral or false views getting a platform or to false equivalencies.

The opposite is preferable. In a just world all those in the press who boosted the Iraq War would have been shunned, but most of them still enjoy glittering careers as columnists or talking heads. The liberal media is the worst for it, as they take the whole balance thing seriously, but as many critics have pointed out this pursuit of balance can lead to amoral or false views getting a platform or to false equivalencies.
    I'm reminded of Nassim Talebs term IYI (Intellectual Yet Idiot).

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment