Register to Comment
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Quote Originally Posted by gleeful View Post
    The EU is the enemy now?
    I'm thinking of China. But Trumps comments on the EU were a reaction to Jean Claude Junckers threats of tariffs on US Bourbon and blue jeans.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    I'm thinking of China. But Trumps comments on the EU were a reaction to Jean Claude Junckers threats of tariffs on US Bourbon and blue jeans.
    Which were a reaction to the tariffs Trump announced.

The largest single exporter of steel to the US is Canada– which in fact has stronger labor laws. By contrast:

Although China is the world’s largest steel exporter, it is only the 11th-largest source country to the U.S., accounting for just 2 percent of total U.S. imports last year.

Again: They import more from Brazil, Taiwan, Canada, EU, Korea and Mexico than they do from China. They're not at war with China. They're definitely not at war with the other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Again: They import more from Brazil, Taiwan, Canada, EU, Korea and Mexico than they do from China. They're not at war with China. They're definitely not at war with the other countries.
    They are at war with reality.

The EU is the enemy now?
    Politically, yes.

I think I will go out and buy US Bourbon before the next supply gets slapped with a tariff.

I suspect that blue jeans are manufactured in a low cost country though. Juncker might not have figured that either.

The EU will impose tariffs on exports from swing states in the upcoming midterms. This will win seats for the democrats.

Same was done the last time a US president tried this nonsense.
    Are you insinuating that the nEU empire would interfere with the democratic process ?

In fact you seem to indicate that the nEU empire should interfere with the democratic process. I suppose if you put it like that maybe Putin should do the same. After all, unlike Juncker Putin did actually get elected to his current position !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    Are you insinuating that the nEU empire would interfere with the democratic process ?

In fact you seem to indicate that the nEU empire should interfere with the democratic process. I suppose if you put it like that maybe Putin should do the same. After all, unlike Juncker Putin did actually get elected to his current position !!!!
    The EU will do it - just as we did the last time (2004?)

Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    US President and idol of conservative people the world over Donald Trump, promised to undo Obama's horrific trade deals. America was been taken for a ride, seen as a rich bully by leftist governments and dictators. China was dumping every conceivable product from metals to computers to smart phones. A military power that can't produce its own steel can be prevented building battle ships and a country that can't produce aluminium can be constrained building aircraft by any enemy in the lead up to war.

Trump's action have not been well received. The main adverse reaction was from EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker who threatened to impose tariffs on Bourbon whiskey, motor cycles and orange juice. President Trump has tweeted that if necessary he will impose tariffs on cars. America is a very important market for EU made cars and the prospect of tit for tat retaliation is suggested.

It's all one big act of course from the master of persuasion. Trump is pulling America back from the brink to make it great again. Where will it end, there are always the unintended consequences, I though it was great fun until I heard of tariffs on bourbon. Buffalo Trace and Maker's Mark being among me my favorite tipples. I better be careful what I wish for. What do you think?
    I think Bourbon is crap low grade whiskey to be frank if that's what you're asking.

Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment