Register to Comment
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

I can't wait for our resident alt right half wits to arrive and tediously claim this is a fake news story...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    I can't wait for our resident alt right half wits to arrive and tediously claim this is a fake news story...
    Well Greg Gutfeld of Fox "News" (sic) blamed the liberals/left for O'Keefe's attempted stitch up

Quote Originally Posted by SeanieFitz View Post
    Thinking same thing myself O'Keeffe, Hannity, Conway, Bannion, all of Irish ancestry
    Utterly depressing

Why Are All the Conservative Loudmouths Irish-American?

Thankfully appears to be an exported phenomenon
    At home, as we have seen, there us close to zero appetite for this alt right racist and white supremacist agenda.

Most of the people I have met in life who went to America in the 1930's, 40's and 50's were among the finest people I have ever met anywhere in the world.
    But their offspring in many cases (especially those who went to work in banking and financial services) became prize assh*les

They seem oblivious to the American apparatus (union pay and benefits, lack of discrimination in hiring, education and most of all a community that watched out for each other) that got them to where they are.
    They will of course say stuff like "my ma and pa worked like dogs to get me to where i am", but seem blind to the fact that their parents (notwithstanding that in many cases they did indeed work crazy hours) still needed compassionate and inclusive systems and programmes to help forge that good livelihood for their families.
    Much of the stuff these priveleged bozos now rail against when it comes to Mexicans and Blacks and Muslims and others
    Last edited by Jack Walsh; 29th November 2017 at 11:49 AM.

Twitter
    @

I suspect it is a bit like the white entrenchment in South Africa when they could sense control slipping away from them.

Cornered rats lashing out in a fervour of resentment.

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    We always have Kennedy and Obama - Progressive Presidents of Irish ancestry.
    Obama dropped 26,000 bombs in his final year alone.

"Progressive" how are yah!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCKY View Post
    Jeff Bezos of Amazon bought this paper about four years ago and totally revamped it's business model. He staffed it up, modernized it in every way, digitally, electronically, and with all sorts of data analytics, the result is the paper is now doing much better. Good old fashioned journalism.

Looks like they did a good job on this fake story too.
    Yep - an interesting angle on Watergate is the way it prompted real competition between WaPo and NYT to compete for scoops, which prompted both of them to really up their game.

I'm not following either terribly closely, but my impression is that WaPo are winning hands down compared to NYT who are busy defending themselves for printing soft articles on neo nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Walsh View Post
    Utterly depressing

Why Are All the Conservative Loudmouths Irish-American?

Thankfully appears to be an exported phenomenon
    At home, as we have seen, there us close to zero appetite for this alt right racist and white supremacist agenda.

Most of the people I have met in life who went to America in the 1930's, 40's and 50's were among the finest people I have ever met anywhere in the world.
    But their offspring in many cases (especially those who went to work in banking and financial services) became prize assh*les

They seem oblivious to the American apparatus (union pay and benefits, lack of discrimination in hiring, education and most of all a community that watched out for each other) that got them to where they are.
    They will of course say stuff like "my ma and pa worked like dogs to get me to where i am", but seem blind to the fact that their parents (notwithstanding that in many cases they did indeed work crazy hours) still needed compassionate and inclusive systems and programmes to help forge that good livelihood for their families.
    Much of the stuff these priveleged bozos now rail against when it comes to Mexicans and Blacks and Muslims and others
    Most middle class Irish Americans, certainly blue collar workers, seem to be deeply disillusioned with politics and the political establishment. Income, lifestyle, investments. living standards etc have, at best, stagnated and in many cases worsened over the past 20/25 years. They seem to work longer and harder for less money.
    The gulf between the have's and have not's is now enormous in US. I read this piece about retail in America and found it very worrying and depressing and you know what happens in US quickly follows on here

Retail Apocalypse: 21 big retailers closing stores in 2017 | Fox Business

Say what you like but Project Veritas have scored numerous direct hits against Libloons with expertly devised, facially-targeted egg splatter. Who can forget CNN contribubot Van Jones description of the Russian collusion delusion as a "nothingburger." Easy to see why usual suspects would be overquick to condemn

Quote Originally Posted by SeanieFitz View Post
    Most middle class Irish Americans, certainly blue collar workers, seem to be deeply disillusioned with politics and the political establishment. Income, lifestyle, investments. living standards etc have, at best, stagnated and in many cases worsened over the past 20/25 years. They seem to work longer and harder for less money.
    The gulf between the have's and have not's is now enormous in US. I read this piece about retail in America and found it very worrying and depressing and you know what happens in US quickly follows on here

Retail Apocalypse: 21 big retailers closing stores in 2017 | Fox Business
    Whose watch did this happen under, the maga orange buffoned fool, or the nice guy, suave sophisticated Obama

The gulf between rich and poor widened under Obama, the same guy who, his supporters like to forget, dropped 26,000 bombs on poor brown folks in his final year alone.

Nothing fake either about what Project Veritas exposed about Planned Parenthood and their harvesting for sale of foetal body parts.Again, easy to see why secular psychopaths would like to dismiss them as fake

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment