Register to Comment
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post

Certainly, if the Monica Lewinsky affair had come to light now, a sitting President would have to resign. No major company would tolerate its CEO bedding a young intern in his organisation. It is just sleazy.

But 1999 was another matter - then the defence was that it was a "private affair", not affecting the performance of the President's constitutional duties. Indeed Clinton was not impeached for the affair, but for lying about it under oath, and the impeachment failed. The contrary argument was that the affair "spoke to his character", and his character was unworthy of a President.

So the precedent established by Republicans then, and now by all, is that low sexual behaviour is unworthy of the Presidential office, and the office holder should resign.

So why is Donald Trump still tolerated in office? Surely it is only a matter of time before he must step down?

Stephen King ✔@StephenKing
    Trump on Franken: Pot discusses sins of the kettle.

Trump’s Tweet Condemning Al Franken Assault Allegations Backfires Spectacularly
    Very simple , he didn't do anything wrong.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Cant believe he wasted 100 posts on this baloney. Owde lives in Canada but has Irish connections in Galway

Trump:

''You know I'm automaticaly attraced to beautiful''

Em, no, Donald, you aren't.

Sorry Donald but Melania was mildly attractive until she ruined herself with plastic surgery. Now she has funny looking eyes and what appears to be an inability to smile.

Off topic, but I felt the need to point it out. For the LULZ.

New sex allegation against Trump.

Exactly the sort of thing Franken had to resign over.

Former Fox News employee: Trump tried to kiss me on the lips

New sex allegation against Trump.

Exactly the sort of thing Franken had to resign over.

Former Fox News employee: Trump tried to kiss me on the lips
    With touchy-feelie abusers like Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly, plus irruptions of people like Trump, no wonder the pantsuit became popular with Fox female employees.

Should everyone who ever tried to kiss a woman be considered unfit for public office? I’d be out for a start. I’d also be single so swings and roundabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry94. View Post
    Should everyone who ever tried to kiss a woman be considered unfit for public office? I’d be out for a start. I’d also be single so swings and roundabouts.
    Context is important.

This incident, at the very least, shows Trump "has form" (as the British police would say) as an unsolicited face-sucker. Some other women described accompanying touchie-feelie activity that was also unsolicited.

“He probably doesn’t want me telling the story about that time he continually grabbed my ass and invited me to his hotel room.”
    Cassandra Searles
    Age 24 Year: 2013 Location: Miss USA 2013 pageant
    The former Miss Washington 2013 alleges in a comment on Facebook that Trump repeatedly grabbed her buttocks and invited her to his hotel room. Source: Facebook, via Yahoo News

If this thread is about slick Willy why does owedtoqatar continually talk about just about everybody else except the top man in the Clinton Fundation ?

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    If this thread is about slick Willy why does owedtoqatar continually talk about just about everybody else except the top man in the Clinton Fundation ?
    It is actually about hypocrites like you who cannot tell us why Clinton was anathema in 2000, but sexual abusers like Trump and Roy Moore are great in 2017.

Morality is only moral when you apply it to yourself.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment