Register to Comment
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

they are all now informing on each other.......donna brazile is singing like a canary
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by troll account View Post
    they are all now informing on each other.......donna brazile is singing like a canary
    Wonder if the buyers of the Democratic Party want a refund? Nobody mentioned any RICO investigations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    I don't think pardons work like that. They require an admission of guilt, for a start.
    Nixon was pardoned without either being charged or admitting criminal liability.

The impunity of the Clinton's has to end.

The idea of balance is ridiculous. It fails on 2 fronts

1. It assumes the investigation Trump campaign links with Russia are fake. When they’ve got 2 guys on the record as not telling the truth about their previous conversations, Manafort with millions in his account from Russian stooges and Jr meeting Russians to try and get information. The brief was not to investigate Trump, it was to investigate the campaign.

2. It assumes the justice dept will investigate to even things out. They won’t. If there’s evidence they’ll investigate. As they should.

Now I would say: Sessions language makes this look like it’s not going anywhere. He’s not asking because he’s got suspicions. He’s asking because lawmakers have asked him to ask. But if there’s evidence to open an investigation, Justice are the ones to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    Nixon was pardoned without either being charged or admitting criminal liability.
    There would have been no point in attempting to charge him after the pardon had been issued. Apparently Ford himself used to justify issuing the pardon by pointing to the SC ruling that held that accepting a pardon implies an admission of guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    The impunity of the Clinton's has to end.
    Impunity? What the hell do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    What I've been reading is that this is on foot of pressure from the WH, which is not going down well with the DoJ.

If an enquiry is warranted it should absolutely take place.

In Trump's shoes I'd allow the process to commence and at some point really piss of HRC by issuing a preemptive pardon.

It would have the advantage of looking magnanimous while annoying HRC greatly.

It would also make it easier to issue any pardons required as a result of Mueller. It would depoliticise the pardon process to some small extent.
    Personally I dislike Clinton but this has all the hallmarks of a dictator's vendetta plastered all over it. It might play out well in Dueling Banjos country but as an authentic proposal to enquire into potential wrongdoing by Clinton it's not going to go anywhere, despite all the fervent hopes of the Idiocracy in the White House.

The Clinton/Uranium One 'conspiracy' has been fact-checked to death and nothing has floated to the surface.

As a ploy to divert attention from the rising levels of sewage enveloping Trump and his Mafia clan it's a very poor effort. Mueller is walking up the driveway to Trump Manor with a briefcase full of facts rather than insinuations and it's these facts that will see the beginning of the end of Trump's pretend presidency.

His call to Russia, pre-election, to release the Wikileaks Clinton emails was but one instance of the bizarre relationship that has tied both he and his campaign to America's arch-adversary.

As I said before, there's a small army of American patriots beavering away on Trump's case in various security agencies. The end won't be pretty but at least it will be the end of a sorry chapter in American history.

Des Q: What I've been reading is that this is on foot of pressure from the WH, which is not going down well with the DoJ.

If an enquiry is warranted it should absolutely take place.

In Trump's shoes I'd allow the process to commence and at some point really piss of HRC by issuing a preemptive pardon.

It would have the advantage of looking magnanimous while annoying HRC greatly.

It would also make it easier to issue any pardons required as a result of Mueller. It would depoliticise the pardon process to some small extent.
    Very very Machiavelli.
    Come home, Ireland needs you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
    Personally I dislike Clinton but this has all the hallmarks of a dictator's vendetta plastered all over it. It might play out well in Dueling Banjos country but as an authentic proposal to enquire into potential wrongdoing by Clinton it's not going to go anywhere, despite all the fervent hopes of the Idiocracy in the White House.

The Clinton/Uranium One 'conspiracy' has been fact-checked to death and nothing has floated to the surface.

As a ploy to divert attention from the rising levels of sewage enveloping Trump and his Mafia clan it's a very poor effort. Mueller is walking up the driveway to Trump Manor with a briefcase full of facts rather than insinuations and it's these facts that will see the beginning of the end of Trump's pretend presidency.

His call to Russia, pre-election, to release the Wikileaks Clinton emails was but one instance of the bizarre relationship that has tied both he and his campaign to America's arch-adversary.

As I said before, there's a small army of American patriots beavering away on Trump's case in various security agencies. The end won't be pretty but at least it will be the end of a sorry chapter in American history.
    You don't think the $500,000 paid speech Bill got in Moscow merits investigation, as well as the attempts to meet an executive from Rosatom?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment