Register to Comment
Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Republican Senate Candidate Roy Moore accused of making sexual advances to young women ...

Mitch McConnell calls on Roy Moore to exit Alabama Senate race ‘if these allegations are true’

Moore, a longtime right-wing Conservative was a insurgent winner of the Republican primary. As a judge, he refused to removed the Ten Commandments from his courthouse, and was dismissed for telling state officials to ignore changes in the laws regarding gay marriages. In interviews he stated a belief that parts of the US are already under Sharia Law, and denied the right of a Muslim to sit in Congress.

Moore had the support of the Bannon wing of the Republican Party. Though Trump supported his primary opponent, the President has also said good things about Moore.

The women, so far 4 in number, allege that Moore made sexual advances to them when they were aged 14 to 16, around 1980.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b03deac08bf667

Fox reports that Moore "decries" the allegations.

Roy Moore decries

If Moore can drum up a "locker room talk" excuse, maybe he can still be elected.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

You must admit the man has style.

Quote Originally Posted by HarshBuzz View Post
    You must admit the man has style.
    Just like this guy ....

As I said in the other thread no matter if the alligations are true or not I hope it kills his campaign as he is a right wing nutbag of the highest order!

Quote Originally Posted by USER1234 View Post
    As I said in the other thread no matter if the alligations are true or not I hope it kills his campaign as he is a right wing nutbag of the highest order!
    You have to laugh at the "restrained" tone of the Fox coverage.

You know that if Moore was a Democrat like the eejit Wiener, they would be all over him like a rash.

As a judge, he refused to removed the Ten Commandments from his courthouse , and was dismissed for telling state officials to ignore changes in the laws regarding gay marriages. In interviews he stated a belief that parts of the US are already under Sharia Law, and denied the right of a Muslim to sit in Congress.
    I have had it with these moderates.

For the first 200 yrs of US history, the standard for proving defamation was that the allegations be false. In 1964 (Sullivan judgement) SCOTUS overturned that for "public figures", with the new test being malice i.e. that the accuser knew the claims were false. This opened the flood gates to false accusations against public figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    For the first 200 yrs of US history, the standard for proving defamation was that the allegations be false. In 1964 (Sullivan judgement) SCOTUS overturned that for "public figures", with the new test being malice i.e. that the accuser knew the claims were false. This opened the flood gates to false accusations against public figures.
    Oooooh! I'm sure you've got the empirical data to back that up!

I wonder what Louis CK thinks.

Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment