Register to Comment
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 114
Like Tree22Likes
  1. #11
    Jim Car Jim Car is offline

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,064

    They need to move to a sound economic message and one that will resonate with Americans that being pro small and medium business as well as some degree of worker protection. At the same time they need to dump identity politics as it played a major part in their 2016 defeat as well as not allow the party to slide to the far left, despite what some say majority of Americans are not socialists and will not support one simple cultural and historical fact. They are to individualist, libertarian and free market orientated especially when compared to the like of any European country.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #12
    the secretary the secretary is offline
    the secretary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,568

    69 of 99 state legislative chambers are republican controlled.
    In 24 states the republicans have control of both the governor and leglistator.
    Only 6 states have a democratic governor and leglistator.
    The republicans have 34 governors with the democrats only having 16. So you have a much shallower bench on the democratic side if you go to look for a presidential candidate next time around.
    Also, one third of the house caucus on the democratic side comes from just 3 states, California, New York and Massachusetts.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #13
    GabhaDubh GabhaDubh is offline
    GabhaDubh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,738

    Quote Originally Posted by President Bartlet View Post
    They need to start with fresh leadership in the House - Pelosi is utterly crap and useless
    Agreed but, and there is always a but, Nancy is a big fundraiser and painfully as it has been shown, she who has the gold
    Rules.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #14
    truthandjustice truthandjustice is offline
    truthandjustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,845

    As long as the DNC go on and on about race, gender neutral bathrooms and identity politics the gop win on economy every time. I think Steve bannon said that and he is dead right.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #15
    gracethepirate gracethepirate is offline
    gracethepirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    16,087

    Quote Originally Posted by the secretary View Post
    69 of 99 state legislative chambers are republican controlled.
    In 24 states the republicans have control of both the governor and leglistator.
    Only 6 states have a democratic governor and leglistator.
    The republicans have 34 governors with the democrats only having 16. So you have a much shallower bench on the democratic side if you go to look for a presidential candidate next time around.
    Also, one third of the house caucus on the democratic side comes from just 3 states, California, New York and Massachusetts.
    There’s a serious gerrymandering problem currently favouring the GOP at both state and federal level which may may be resolved by a case currently being considered by the Supreme Court.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #16
    Analyzer Analyzer is offline
    Analyzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42,866

    Grace is concerned about the future of the ThemAreCorrupt Party.

    The survived losing the US Civil War. They are like Ireland's various collection of political cinartists promising some version of a 32 county socialistic republucan hellhole.

    They always manage to buy votes ftom somewhere.

    I am more concerned of the damage they have done to the US with cities like Detroit and Baltimore wrecked after them.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #17
    the secretary the secretary is offline
    the secretary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,568

    Quote Originally Posted by gracethepirate View Post
    There’s a serious gerrymandering problem currently favouring the GOP at both state and federal level which may may be resolved by a case currently being considered by the Supreme Court.
    Have these gerrymandering conditions always been in place?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #18
    shiel shiel is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,850

    The defeat of Hillary Clinton in the US presidential election is the most significant occurrence in the women's lack of power issue for a long time.

    And women are in the majority.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #19
    bormotello bormotello is offline
    bormotello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,774

    Quote Originally Posted by shiel View Post
    The defeat of Hillary Clinton in the US presidential election is the most significant occurrence in the women's lack of power issue for a long time.

    And women are in the majority.
    So why you didn't support Mary Le Pen?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #20
    Mick Mac Mick Mac is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,772

    Quote Originally Posted by shiel View Post
    The Presidential election that elected an inexperienced, irresponsible, misogynistic male totalitarian when there was an experienced, competent female as an alternative is a defeat for women.

    Despite that obvious fact more than 50% of white American women voted for the inexperienced, irresponsible, misogynistic male totalitarian.

    That was pathetic and the women will pay for it for a long time to come.

    Democracy will also pay for it as totalitarianism is on the rise as the election of Trump shows.

    More than 50% of white women did this despite the fact that a competent and experienced woman was for the first time going for the most powerful political position in the world.

    The defeat of Hillary Clinton in the US presidential election is the most significant occurence in the women's lack of power issue for a long time.
    Wrong thread?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment