Register to Comment
Page 2 of 566 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast
Like Tree2333Likes

Expect more of this sort of thing.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
    Lee = slavery legitamised.

F**k his fans.
    Da Ed you Kay shun system has gone to de dogz.

Lee actually, spent a lot of time trying to decide. In the end he put aside his reservations, because he felt he had a duty to service his state. In those days people were less mobile than now.

The real slavers where the Democratic politicians in the various state houses in the CSA.

Richard Spencer claims to influenced primarily by Carl Schmitt however if you take Christian Faith out of Schmitt's writings outside of some stupid stuff he wrote in the 1930s there isn't much left to them. The concept of the Antichrist is to the key to understanding Schmitt's work while as Spencer as an optimistic evolutionist view of life. This is the primary reason I have difficulties taking him seriously.

Richard Spenser was maced. The poor baby said "Never in my life have I felt like the government was cracking down on me until today".
    I think the irony speaks for himself.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...idApp_Facebook

Since then he's being arrested.

I am absolutely beaming. To quote Jello Biafra, "Nazi punks f**k off."

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    The attempts to remove Confederate statues seem to have provoked extreme reactions and divisions in US society. If Lee is to be removed then where does it stop? Renaming Washington DC because Washington owned slaves?
    It started with moves in majority black southern cities to remove Confederate statues but seems to becoming hijacked by militants in white colleges to remove statues that they decide are offensive and this provokes a reaction among the more general white southerners.

Quote Originally Posted by Windowshopper View Post

I am absolutely beaming. To quote Jello Biafra, "Nazi punks f**k off."
    Do you get a kick out of badger baiting also?

Richard Spencer of course is neither a Hitlerite or a Punk. Labelling people you don't like "Nazis" in order to justify the sadistic pleasure you get out of violence against them is a very dangerous path to go down.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Is this being classed as a white terrorist attack yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    Da Ed you Kay shun system has gone to de dogz.

Lee actually, spent a lot of time trying to decide. In the end he put aside his reservations, because he felt he had a duty to service his state. In those days people were less mobile than now.

The real slavers where the Democratic politicians in the various state houses in the CSA.
    Lee became increasingly pro-slavery as the war progressed, and he became more and more a "patriotic" Confederate.

When his army invaded Pennsylvania in 1863, any black man who fell into its hands was sent southwards to be sold as a slave. One solider described the invasion as a "massive slave hunt". His army murdered black prisoners in 1864 when a division of black soldiers was surrendered at the Battle of the Crater.

To give him his due, after the war he promoted reconciliation to an extent. He took an oath of loyalty to the Union and did not get involved in politics.

Today, Lee's statue does not mean reconciliation - it typifies Confederate triumphalism and racism. How many monuments are there in Charlotte to the victims of slavery?

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    The attempts to remove Confederate statues seem to have provoked extreme reactions and divisions in US society. If Lee is to be removed then where does it stop? Renaming Washington DC because Washington owned slaves?

Antifa have awoken a sleeping giant with their months of political terrorism against conservatives and Trump supporters. They forget conservatives in the Red States are heavily armed.

Its also clear from the slogans shouted by the White Nationalists that concerns about immigration featured strongly in their concerns. So clearly, there needs to be a debate on multiculturalism, though naturally I condemn racism and violence.
    They lived a century apart. During Washington's presidency, the northern states were well on their way to abolishing slavery.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment