Register to Comment
Page 1 of 113 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1124
Like Tree238Likes
  1. #1
    Dame_Enda Dame_Enda is offline
    Dame_Enda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38,002

    Trump LGBT policy

    This thread will track Trumps policies on LGBT issues. This reflects the interest in the subject by the Irish Left, who have accused the administration of homophobia because of Pence's 'Religious Freedom Act', which was watered down under pressure from corporations.

    DOJ hosts Pride party honoring transgender student from bathroom case - Thehill.com
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2
    Dame_Enda Dame_Enda is offline
    Dame_Enda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38,002
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #3
    Dadaist Dadaist is offline
    Dadaist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,390

    Under Jeff Sessions the Justice Department have withdrawn guidance issued to schools on the treatment of transgender students, signaling that it would no longer consider their rights to be protected under a 1972 civil rights law.

    The Department of Health and Human Services is now under Tom Price who has been openly opposed to gay rights as a senator, and whose civil rights office is now run by Roger Severino, who last year accused the Obama administration of attempting to 'coerce everyone, including children, into pledging allegiance to a radical new gender ideology'.

    The incoming Secretary of the Army, Mark Green, replaces the openly gay Eric Fanning who has advocated for transgender people to openly serve in the army. Mark Green last year called being transgender a disease.

    Also, under the new admin the US Census Bureau has ditched plans to include questions about sexual orientation and gender identity in the 2020 Census.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #4
    edwin edwin is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,777

    Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    This thread will track Trumps policies on LGBT issues. This reflects the interest in the subject by the Irish Left, who have accused the administration of homophobia because of Pence's 'Religious Freedom Act', which was watered down under pressure from corporations.

    DOJ hosts Pride party honoring transgender student from bathroom case - Thehill.com
    Isn't Donald Trump the first US President to be in favour of gay marriage prior to his election? By any objective viewpoint, he's tge most LGB friendly President ever elected.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #5
    Dadaist Dadaist is offline
    Dadaist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,390

    Quote Originally Posted by edwin View Post
    Isn't Donald Trump the first US President to be in favour of gay marriage prior to his election? By any objective viewpoint, he's tge most LGB friendly President ever elected.
    Don’t believe Trump’s spin. The war against same-sex marriage is just getting started - LA Times

    In essence, the leaked document is an executive version of the First Amendment Defense Act — or HR 2802 — a national version of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act laws introduced in states like Indiana and Louisiana. The bill, which is co-sponsored by Rep. Raul Labrador (R-Idaho) and Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), protects the moral convictions of anyone who believes “marriage is or should be recognized as the union of one man and one woman.”
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #6
    Dame_Enda Dame_Enda is offline
    Dame_Enda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38,002

    Quote Originally Posted by Dadaist View Post
    Don’t believe Trump’s spin. The war against same-sex marriage is just getting started - LA Times

    In essence, the leaked document is an executive version of the First Amendment Defense Act — or HR 2802 — a national version of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act laws introduced in states like Indiana and Louisiana. The bill, which is co-sponsored by Rep. Raul Labrador (R-Idaho) and Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), protects the moral convictions of anyone who believes “marriage is or should be recognized as the union of one man and one woman.”
    In practice though as long as Kennedy is on the court, public officials will likely still have to allow ssm. Its also encouraging that Justice Roberts has started referencing the Obergefell decision in recent rulings, which suggests he may be starting to accept it.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7
    Dame_Enda Dame_Enda is offline
    Dame_Enda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38,002

    Quote Originally Posted by edwin View Post
    Isn't Donald Trump the first US President to be in favour of gay marriage prior to his election? By any objective viewpoint, he's tge most LGB friendly President ever elected.
    He didnt take a position during the campaign, and after election said he considered the issue over with. In previous years he went back and forth on the issue, having opposed it before the 2012 election. However when he was a Democrat he supported enshrining gay rights in the Constitution.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #8
    Congalltee Congalltee is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,231

    LGBT asylum seekers from the 6 travel ban countries have been thrown off a building by the Trump administration. It breaches international law, but Trump barely recognises US law.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #9
    Ratio Et Fides Ratio Et Fides is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    25,962

    Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    This thread will track Trumps policies on LGBT issues. This reflects the interest in the subject by the Irish Left, who have accused the administration of homophobia because of Pence's 'Religious Freedom Act', which was watered down under pressure from corporations.

    DOJ hosts Pride party honoring transgender student from bathroom case - Thehill.com
    You shouldn't use the term LGBT. A lot of Lesbians find it grossly offensive for them to be lumped in with the trannies and I would regard that as perfectly just.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #10
    amist4 amist4 is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,067

    Quote Originally Posted by The Crant View Post
    He did take a position during the campaign. I watched him do so. Very clear.
    You're ruining the fun. This thread wouldn't even exist if Clinton had been elected.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 1 of 113 1231151101 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment