Register to Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Pence was the price for the Koch Brothers support of Trump. Thanks to him, one third of Trumps cabinet was drawn from people who were bankrolled by the Kochs, because they are anti-environment, anti-workers rights, pro-fundamentalist religious positions on abortion etc etc.

This article gives a good run-down of each of these "puppets".

The Koch Brothers’ most loyal servants are serving in Donald Trump’s White House - Salon.com

Pence is just a placeman.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Pence was useful to get the corn fed vote, not much point in going in with 2 big city boys.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    Pence was the price for the Koch Brothers support of Trump. Thanks to him, one third of Trumps cabinet was drawn from people who were bankrolled by the Kochs, because they are anti-environment, anti-workers rights, pro-fundamentalist religious positions on abortion etc etc.

This article gives a good run-down of each of these "puppets".

The Koch Brothers’ most loyal servants are serving in Donald Trump’s White House - Salon.com

Pence is just a placeman.
    The Koch Brothers surrogates are largely writing the forthcoming tax reform.

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    The Koch Brothers surrogates are largely writing the forthcoming tax reform.
    You can expect one of the biggest consequential give-aways in history.

Long before the election, I'm on record here as saying Pence frightens me a lot more than Trump.

Trump is a narcissist with countless personality disorders, but Pence is a Born-Again Christian.

I never trust those who so blindly follow an imaginary deity.
    ''What would Jesus Do ?'' doesn't necessarily follow common sense and 21st century morals.

Quote Originally Posted by petaljam View Post
    Somebody posted this on one of the other threads (sorry I can't find which it I'd link to that instead) and I think it'd be good to have it on this thread too, as it's looking as though any successor could be quite far down the list, considering how many will probably either go down with Trump or be thrown under the bus by him:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit..._of_succession

I have to say that there are very few on the list I'd be specially thrilled about myself, and many I don't know enough about to have an opinion on. But I mean, Ben Carson FFS? Betsy Devos?
    (Can we pick and mix? )

Cabinet officers are in line according to the chronological order of their department's creation, or the department of which their department is the successor (the Department of Defense being successor to the Department of War and the Department of Health and Human Services being successor to the Department of Health, Education and Welfare). [a]
    It would be unlikely to ever get down to Cabinet level. If Ryan got bumped up, it would require Trump and Pence to be removed simultaneously. The Republican majority would likely quickly install a new speaker who would remain next in line until a new POTUS got a new VPOTUS confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCKY View Post
    It would be unlikely to ever get down to Cabinet level. If Ryan got bumped up, it would require Trump and Pence to be removed simultaneously. The Republican majority would likely quickly install a new speaker who would remain next in line until a new POTUS got a new VPOTUS confirmed.
    Not to mention the wrinkle that if a Cabinet member eg the SoS began acting as President, without having a VPOTUS confirmed by Congress , the House could simply elect a new Speaker, who would out-rank the new President in the succession order, and that would basically amount to a coup by the legislature. Get out of my office, sir.

Has anyone suggested that to the House of Cards writers?

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson View Post
    Long before the election, I'm on record here as saying Pence frightens me a lot more than Trump.

Trump is a narcissist with countless personality disorders, but Pence is a Born-Again Christian.

I never trust those who so blindly follow an imaginary deity.
    ''What would Jesus Do ?'' doesn't necessarily follow common sense and 21st century morals.
    Ah I wouldn't worry too much. He's most likely lying his balls off. They usually are in US republican politics. The nutty bunch in the US electorate must always have its dogwhistlers.

He'll probably be discovered in some mano-a-mano lovenest next week and his wife will have hit the ultimate retail therapy jackpot to grit her teeth and stand alongside him while thinking of Bloomingdales and unlimited store credit.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha more wishful thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crotta Cliach View Post
    It may be slightly early to start an op on Pence, but at the rate events are moving, maybe not.

"Check this out—House Democrats told VP Mike Pence about Flynn and they kept the receipts to prove it"

"The Democrats on the House Oversight Committee are not buying Mike Pence’s story that he didn’t know Michael Flynn was lobbying on behalf of the country of Turkey while he was a member of Trump’s transition team. Vice President Mike Pence was the head of Donald Trump’s transition team and most certainly should have known Flynn’s shady side work for a foreign government. In fact, all the way back in November, shortly after the election, Rep. Elijah Cummings specifically warned Mike Pence about Michael Flynn. This morning, they released the receipts showing the full letter they sent to Mike Pence and an acknowledgement from Trump’s transition team they’d received the letter"

Check this out

Pence could be even worse as President than Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Talbot View Post
    Ah I wouldn't worry too much. He's most likely lying his balls off. They usually are in US republican politics. The nutty bunch in the US electorate must always have its dogwhistlers.

He'll probably be discovered in some mano-a-mano lovenest next week and his wife will have hit the ultimate retail therapy jackpot to grit her teeth and stand alongside him while thinking of Bloomingdales and unlimited store credit.
    Well he freely consented to serve under, and presumably bring out his Holy Joes for, a candidate who boasts about grabbing women by the pussy, has been divorced twice, brought his mistress on a family holiday, and openly sexualises his daughter.

This is the Republican Party, of course. Biggest bunch of hypocrites ever.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment