Register to Comment
Page 339 of 539 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 5387
Like Tree2713Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    I stayed it clearly and factually. You can source the relevant laws yourself.
    I did link to the US law, I said it's different to Irish law and I said it is more restrictive than Irish law. I even made it clear I was posting based on your claim that there was noting at all like it.

The same old problem, people just spouting crap and projecting.

There is no such thing as "unfair dismissal" under US employment law.

Idiots.

No such thing at all? Maybe because it's called wrongful termination. While it is restricted it does exist.

https://www.hg.org/wrongful-termination.html
    Multi-Quote This Message
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

The Hill‏Verified account
    @thehill

Following
    More
    #BREAKING: Trump's Deputy AG Rosenstein says he stands by Comey memo Rosenstein: I stand by Comey memo | TheHill

The same old problem, people just spouting crap and projecting.

There is no such thing as "unfair dismissal" under US employment law.

Idiots.
    Aw diddums, do you not like it referred to as unfair dismissal?

It's a perfectly acceptable colloquialism, just as sacked, fired, and dismissed are all perfectly acceptable colloquialisms for termination of employment.

Numerous cases here. Note that they use different terms; discharged, illegal termination, etc.

http://www.mondaq.co.uk/default.asp?...5&child_id=113

Now run along, because I don't have time for utter morons who know nothing of that they spout about.

Quote Originally Posted by Researchwill View Post

No such thing at all? Maybe because it's called wrongful termination. While it is restricted it does exist.

https://www.hg.org/wrongful-termination.html
    Multi-Quote This Message
    It's called various things, all colloquialisms, and is either a breach of employment contract or breach of some relevant legislation, whether employment or human rights/anti-discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    The Hill‏Verified account
    @thehill

Following
    More
    #BREAKING: Trump's Deputy AG Rosenstein says he stands by Comey memo Rosenstein: I stand by Comey memo | TheHill
    This is what he says.

(1) Rosenstein added during the closed-door meetings that the document "is not a statement of reasons to justify a for-cause termination."

(2) "My memorandum is not a finding of official misconduct; the inspector general will render his judgement about the issue in due course,"

(3) He was aware that Trump had already decided to fire Comey when he wrote the memo, and "I was writing a memorandum to the attorney general summarizing my own concerns"

Now if you use your intelligence, you will see that Rosenstein is dropping Trump and Sessions in it. He is saying their first defence that his memo was the basis for Comey's firing was untrue, which we know anyway, because Trump told Lester Holt he sacked Comey because of the Russia probe.

There is wrongful dismissal, not unfair dismissal. It isn't semantics.

Wrongful dismissal is US labour law and requires an employee prove an employer breeched laws.

Unfair dismissal is largely a European and Irish law and requires the employer to prove they terminated an employee on fair grounds.

The burden of proof itself is completely reversed and the circumstances that are "not fair grounds" are far, far wider than those in the US that are "wrongful"
    Oh, it's "wrongful dismissal", mister smarty pants pedantic, yeah?

https://www.mspb.org/What-to-do-if-y...mployment.html

Well the organisation that deals with federal employees in the USA calls it "unjust termination".

See what an idiot you are, and Des too for likey-liking it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    This is what he says.

(1) Rosenstein added during the closed-door meetings that the document "is not a statement of reasons to justify a for-cause termination."

(2) "My memorandum is not a finding of official misconduct; the inspector general will render his judgement about the issue in due course,"

(3) He was aware that Trump had already decided to fire Comey when he wrote the memo, and "I was writing a memorandum to the attorney general summarizing my own concerns"

Now if you use your intelligence, you will see that Rosenstein is dropping Trump and Sessions in it. He is saying their first defence that his memo was the basis for Comey's firing was untrue, which we know anyway, because Trump told Lester Holt he sacked Comey because of the Russia probe.
    Actually, I'm a bit confused by this. He's saying, on the one hand, that his memo wasn't a list of reasons justifying for-cause termination, but he recommended termination on that basis anyway, and he's standing by it.

He's covering his own ass here.

It's the "only following orders" defence, combined with "but I didn't lie or do anything wrong either" play.

Rosenstein Resists The Resistance: It Was "Appropriate" For Trump To Fire Comey | Zero Hedge

Pie snowflakes were lauding Rosenstein on this thread, as late as last night.

How many days remain on the 6 week countdown

Quote Originally Posted by Roisin3 View Post
    Actually, I'm a bit confused by this. He's saying, on the one hand, that his memo wasn't a list of reasons justifying for-cause termination, but he recommended termination on that basis anyway, and he's standing by it.

It's the "only following orders" defence, combined with "but I didn't lie or do anything wrong either" play.
    Its not what he is saying.

He is saying the memo had nothing to do with Comeys firing, but it was a personal minute to Sessions after conversations they had had about the need for a new FBI director, in which he noted his remarks to Sessions.

However he did not call for Comey to be fired, nor was the memo written as justification for a firing, nor did he think it would be used in that way.

The fact that he showed this internal memo to his boss to an independent counsel before sending it does speak to the fact that he suspected he was being "set up" by Sessions.

As does the fact that he went right over Sessions head and Trumps to appoint an SC. Of course hes watching his own back.

If he were to be accused of concocting reasons for Trump to fire Comey when (a) Trump intended to do that all along and (b) technically Trump needed no reason at all, he would be in serious danger himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Roisin3 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by gerhard dengler View Post
    Rosenstein Resists The Resistance: It Was "Appropriate" For Trump To Fire Comey | Zero Hedge

Pie snowflakes were lauding Rosenstein on this thread, as late as last night.

How many days remain on the 6 week countdown
    What I said above, he's hedging his bets, or hedging as ZH said in the opening sentence (I didn't read further).

Edit: Ignore my post, I hadn't read all the facts.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment