Register to Comment
Page 55 of 90 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

The Hill‏Verified account
    @thehill
    Following
    More
    Senate GOP considers deeper Medicaid cuts than House ObamaCare repeal bill Senate GOP considers deeper Medicaid cuts than House bill | TheHill

The Hill‏Verified account
    @thehill
    Following
    More
    #BREAKING: Only ObamaCare insurer in most Iowa counties to hike premiums by 43.5 percent Only ObamaCare insurer in most Iowa counties to hike premiums by 43.5 percent | TheHill

Good description of the Senate Republicans, including their secrecy about Trumpcare proposals.

How they can get away with such behaviour amazes and troubles me.

Zombies, Vampires and Republicans

Krugman notes:
    [T]his isn’t a Trump story; it’s about the cynicism and corruption of the whole congressional G.O.P. Remember, it would take just a few conservatives with conscience — specifically, three Republican senators — to stop this outrage in its tracks. But right now, it looks as if those principled Republicans don’t exist.

AP Politics‏Verified account
    @AP_Politics
    Following
    More
    BREAKING: Sen. Rand Paul says he and three other Republican senators oppose health bill as written, putting passage in jeopardy

its probably good if this one goes down. Trump needs a bill that covers more people than Obama care

Very hard to get Sen Heller in Nevada to vote for it as hes seat is likely a goner next year even in an middling-year for a Republican. Sen Flake is also in danger as Trump only won the state by 3%. Rand Paul has just been re-elected so has nothing to fear from the base and is opposing it for different reasons.

Update: Interesting. Heller and McCain arent in the 4 GOP Senators who are opposing this. Opposition is coming from the Hard Right of the party. McCain welcoming the bill. GOP can only lose 2 Senators in which case Pence had casting vote as VP.

....GOP Sens. Ted Cruz, Ron Johnson, Mike Lee and Rand Paul said in a statement Thursday that they are "not ready" to support the measure, though they remained open to voting for it after further negotiations....
    Last edited by Dame_Enda; 22nd June 2017 at 07:23 PM.

They should just call it the "[email protected] Poor People Law of 2017!" and they'd get every GOP congressperson to sign on.

I bet they'll have a big press conference celebrating if this thing passes, and Trump will look right at the camera and say "We did it! With the passage of this bill we've finally destroyed the last vestige of human decency in the US government! To all of you hard working blue collar Americans out there who voted for me because I promised to fix health care, whoops! I ruined it instead, and you're still going to vote for me in 2020, you idiots! See you on the campaign trail!"
    Last edited by LookWhoItIs; 22nd June 2017 at 07:43 PM.

I hope you get one of those horrible diseases toward the end of your life - the incurable ones, so all your money and all your rich friends cannot cure you and you die straight from the disease and know what it is you are putting millions of your fellow Americans through who suffered from preventable diseases.

Monster.

Page 55 of 90 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment