Register to Comment
Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

The Hill‏Verified account
    @thehill
    Following Following @thehill
    More
    Judge refuses to certify uncounted ballots that could have given Dems control of Virginia House Judge denies Dem request to certify uncounted ballots in Virginia | TheHill

....A federal judge on Wednesday ruled against a Democratic request to have the Virginia Board of Elections certify uncounted ballots that could affect the results in two House of Delegates races, The Washington Post reports.

As many as 300 or so voters appear to be assigned to the wrong races, but it is unclear how many of those people voted in the Nov. 7 election, according to the report.

“The job of the board is to certify the count,” Virginia District Court Judge T.S. Ellis III reportedly said in a hearing conducted over the phone. “Let the state process run its course.”

His decision is a blow to the efforts of Virginia Democrats, whose aim to win the majority of seats in the chamber may rely on having the results in just one of the two seats certified.

But the judge did leave an opening for Democrats to challenge the results by allowing the lawsuit stand, The Post reported. This would let them return to court to dispute the outcome and request a new election after the Virginia Board of Elections finishes its certification process.....
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Dems have flipped a State Senate seat in Georgia, taking away the GOP's two-thirds supermajority, though the GOP still have overwhelming majority there.

Georgia GOP loses state Senate supermajority | TheHill

Also former Dem Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen has announced hes in the running for Corker's about-to-be-vacated Senate seat in the election next year.
    Last edited by Dame_Enda; 6th December 2017 at 11:28 PM.

I have bet 400 euros of Judge Roy Moore to wind at 1/4. I will only get 100 + original bet

Wish me luck

Roy Moore has 7-point lead over Doug Jones in new Senate poll | AL.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AH3LWeUZW8
    Last edited by valamhic; 11th December 2017 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    I have bet 400 euros of Judge Roy Moore to wind at 1/4. I will only get 100 + original bet

Wish me luck

"To wind"?

Fox News poll puts Jones at a 10% lead over Moore.

So of the 33 races next year, Dems now need a net gain of 2 seats to win the Senate. Still a tough ask because (a) not many GOP incumbents up for election and (b) a lot of Dems in red states are up for reelection and therefore vulnerable.

But of the 33 - Dems are pretty safe in 13 seats (CA, CT, DE, HI, MD, MA, MN, NY, NJ, NM, RI, WA, VA). Angus King is also probably safe-ish in Maine.

GOP are pretty safe in 5 seats (MS, NE, TX, UT, WY).

There are about 10 seats where the GOP could target, based on being red seats (FL, IN, MO, MI, MT, ND, OH, PA, WV, WI). In reality some of those are probably pretty safe - Joe Manchin in West Virginia, Bob Casey in Pennsylvania, Tammy Baldwin in Wisconsin, Debbie Stabenow in Michigan look OK. But that's still about six possible GOP pick-ups.

By contrast, the Dems have nowhere near as many pick ups - Arizona and Nevada the most likely. A pickup in Tennessee, simply because it's going to be an open seat, can't be ruled out.

Before Alabama, the Dem task looked impossible. They needed three pickups and no losses. And realistically there only seemed to be two available pick ups (barring a big shock).

But now, if they did pick up Nevada and Arizona and defended their incumbent seats, that would be enough. Still a tall order, but Roy Moore just made a Dem takeover of the Senate go from impossible to merely unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by livingstone View Post
    So of the 33 races next year, Dems now need a net gain of 2 seats to win the Senate. Still a tough ask because (a) not many GOP incumbents up for election and (b) a lot of Dems in red states are up for reelection and therefore vulnerable.

But of the 33 - Dems are pretty safe in 13 seats (CA, CT, DE, HI, MD, MA, MN, NY, NJ, NM, RI, WA, VA). Angus King is also probably safe-ish in Maine.

GOP are pretty safe in 5 seats (MS, NE, TX, UT, WY).

There are about 10 seats where the GOP could target, based on being red seats (FL, IN, MO, MI, MT, ND, OH, PA, WV, WI). In reality some of those are probably pretty safe - Joe Manchin in West Virginia, Bob Casey in Pennsylvania, Tammy Baldwin in Wisconsin, Debbie Stabenow in Michigan look OK. But that's still about six possible GOP pick-ups.

By contrast, the Dems have nowhere near as many pick ups - Arizona and Nevada the most likely. A pickup in Tennessee, simply because it's going to be an open seat, can't be ruled out.

Before Alabama, the Dem task looked impossible. They needed three pickups and no losses. And realistically there only seemed to be two available pick ups (barring a big shock).

But now, if they did pick up Nevada and Arizona and defended their incumbent seats, that would be enough. Still a tall order, but Roy Moore just made a Dem takeover of the Senate go from impossible to merely unlikely.

I agree, the Senate is a very tall order no matter how unpopular Trump might be, and that;s simply because of the map. Last nights result definitely made it easier.

I would also include the not impossible idea that there could be two open seats in Arizona, if anything should happen to McCain.

Then again there is also that open seat in Minnesota now and I wouldn't necessarily call that too safe for the Democrats, especially if as expected the Governor appoints a placeholder that won't run.

Wish me luck

Oh dear!

Not a great night for the pollsters again. Jones was 2/1 with PP yesterday morning.

Wish me luck

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment