Register to Comment
Page 3 of 236 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Like Tree1082Likes

Quote Originally Posted by petaljam View Post
    It's amazing to me the number of people who are prepared to state openly that they prefer to see a compulsive liar in power than to hear opinions they don't like in the media. Especially when most of those opinions seem to be in the process of gradually being proven right.
    My observation of the Clintons fits that description. Except they used the standard approach to win an election. Outspend your opponent on advertising. In this case they massively outspent Trump.

In return the media agreed with Hillary Clinton's explanation that the Russians were behind Wikileaks.

And - some supporters of the corrupt criminal organization known as the Democrat Party, on this site, advocate this lie in order to avoid discussion about yhe evidence that proves that the USDP are rotten to the core.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Rubashov1917 who sadly doesn't seem to post here anymore (she was a great normal Irish girl) suggested that if Trump is serious about draining the swamp he start off by executing a few of loathsome worst type of prostitutes who make up a significant proportion of the mainstream media; I think that is going to far however given these people's role in lying and covering up for their masters down the years when they were supposed to be explaining things in a truthful manner to the people could not at least some of them not be justly arrested for treason?

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    It is very worrying watching this latest phase in the long term unravelling of US civil life. It is all beginning to look very Ukrainian or Venezuelan in its level of dysfunction. Both sides are flat-out lying about each other on a daily basis, routine acts and decisions get turned into divisive sagas, and coherent and consistent voices are really hard to find. At this stage both sides are as worrying and off-putting as each other. The root of it is not so much that Trump was elected and some people refuse to accept this but that something has been happening to the quality of US democracy for a very long time now, and the Trump election has been the occassion where this dysfunction has come to the surface.
    On a daily basis. Right.

So how about you tot up some of these daily outrageous lies from both sides, so we can compare them please?

Because while I'm on record as criticizing the post election protests and so on, I really can't see any equivalence in the lies told by the pro and anti Trump media, never mind in the claim Trump made today, which is that it's the Media, in general, against Trump.

That's just another Trump lie, afaict. But maybe you have evidence that it's not?

As it happens he is not undermining the freedom of the press- he is undermining public faith in the press. Those are not the same thing.
    Thank you for speaking exactly about the matter.

But....some people wish to be outraged.

Quote Originally Posted by petaljam View Post
    It's amazing to me the number of people who are prepared to state openly that they prefer to see a compulsive liar in power than to hear opinions they don't like in the media. Especially when most of those opinions seem to be in the process of gradually being proven right. Even his own supporters on Fox can't brazen it out any more.

Perhaps that's what you find hardest to bear.
    I know the compulsive liar is a liar.

I want facts from the media, not spin and opinion.

I don't prefer either, you made that up to suit your agenda. You spinned that lie against a poster you don't like.

Like I said in my post, I find one scarier than the other.

It is very worrying watching this latest phase in the long term unravelling of US civil life. It is all beginning to look very Ukrainian or Venezuelan in its level of dysfunction. Both sides are flat-out lying about each other on a daily basis, routine acts and decisions get turned into divisive sagas, and coherent and consistent voices are really hard to find. At this stage both sides are as worrying and off-putting as each other. The root of it is not so much that Trump was elected and some people refuse to accept this but that something has been happening to the quality of US democracy for a very long time now, and the Trump election has been the occassion where this dysfunction has come to the surface.
    VENEZUELA - Venezuela's Chavez widens attack on opposition media | Reuters

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez on Tuesday called opposition news channel Globovision an enemy of the state and said he would do what was needed to stop it from inciting violence, only days after he shut another opposition broadcaster.
    RUSSIA - American Journalism Review- Iron Curtain Redux

The assassination of a prominent investigative reporter underscores the increasingly repressive climate for journalists in Vladimir Putin’s Russia.
    BURMA - Four journalists honored for commitment to press freedom

New York, November 26, 2014--Four journalists from Burma, Iran, Russia, and South Africa were honored Tuesday night at the Committee to Protect Journalists' 24th annual International Press Freedom Awards for their work in defiance of imprisonment, repression, and censorship.
    USA - https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...08293516632065

The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    My observation of the Clintons fits that description. Except they used the standard approach to win an election. Outspend your opponent on advertising. In this case they massively outspent Trump.

In return the media agreed with Hillary Clinton's explanation that the Russians were behind Wikileaks.

And - some supporters of the corrupt criminal organization known as the Democrat Party, on this site, advocate this lie in order to avoid discussion about yhe evidence that proves that the USDP are rotten to the core.
    No evidence from you though. Just more quasi incoherent assertions.
    Right.

As it happens he is not undermining the freedom of the press- he is undermining public faith in the press. Those are not the same thing.
    The latter is actually more dangerous... particularly when he's engaging in telling blatant lies himself while he's doing it... lies which everyone knows are lies.

Nice little narrative he's building.

To be against Trump, is to be against the American people

What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    I know the compulsive liar is a liar.

I want facts from the media, not spin and opinion.

I don't prefer either, you made that up to suit your agenda. You spinned that lie against a poster you don't like.

Like I said in my post, I find one scarier than the other.
    So how was it a lie then, you've just repeated it. You were also very quick on here to spread the lie about 9 month abortions and Clinton, iirc. You're very much part of the lying for Trump section. What you want is to hear your opinion, not facts. You made that abundantly clear with all the pretence about not knowing where the Planned Prenthood investigation was going - once it became obvious the allegation were faked.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment