Register to Comment
Page 2 of 282 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree1194Likes

Quote Originally Posted by robut View Post
    As Mikel tweeted eloquently in response to that last tweet: ( https://twitter.com/Mikel_Jollett/st...46554717630470 )
    With that MO it wouldn't surprise me if the donald has a few account on p.ie
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Talbot View Post
    Donald knows he needs to point to an enemy and the US can't afford another war on one of the countries on the state department list of available bomb-ees so the enemy needs to be internal.
    Don't worry - the compromised media can respond - by murdering the truth.

How many of them have covered the set of dodgy disappearances, accidents, suicides and unusual events collectively known as Arkanicide involving anybody who could possibly be a threat to the Clintons ?

Wikileaks are offerring a reward in regard of the murder of former DNC staffer Seth Rich who is assumed to be the source of the DNC revelations about the shafting of Sanders. As per the othrr Akanacide deaths nobody is ever found guilty.

Well lets face it RTE and The Irish Times are the enemy of the Irish people. People of quality on this forum happily acknowledge that.

He is saying what his voters already believe to be true, and believed before he came along on scene.

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    It's true. I find the media spin and manipulation scarier than Trumps búllshít and "alternate" facts.

The majority of this US media is simply a front for liberal and democratic opinion.
    Even Fox News are saying he's full of sh!t now...

No doubt Trumpsters would have been gorging on Fox up until now...

I guess they'll have to search elsewhere for another echo chamber...

It's true. I find the media spin and manipulation scarier than Trumps búllshít and "alternate" facts.

The majority of this US media is simply a front for liberal and democratic opinion.
    It's amazing to me the number of people who are prepared to state openly that they prefer to see a compulsive liar in power than to hear opinions they don't like in the media. Especially when most of those opinions seem to be in the process of gradually being proven right. Even his own supporters on Fox can't brazen it out any more.

Perhaps that's what you find hardest to bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    Don't worry - the compromised media can respond - by murdering the truth.

How many of them have covered the set of dodgy disappearances, accidents, suicides and unusual events collectivrly known as Arhanicide involving anybody eho could possibly be a threat to the Clintons ?
    As a matter of interest, I'd be curious to know what political party you support in Ireland?

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    Well in this particular case I agree with Trump.

This is vinficated in the powerful documentary by left leaning documentary maker Adam Curtis "The century of The Self".

In that documentary is a clear explanation of why the "product" in the media sector is called "programming".

I recommend that you watch the documentary.

Afterwards you will understand ehy do many people depend money thry hsve not earned on junk that they do not need to impress people who are no use as friends.
    You say this like you are in the local pub agreeing with your mate over a pint. This has come from the US PRESIDENT HIMSELF and the OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. The most powerful person arguably in the world. He is undermining a core part of the US Constitution - The freedom of the press, that is explicitly written into the constitution.

Do you really think he is trying to discredit the media here in a selfless manner to sort out what the likes of Curtis might be saying and for the good of the people .. come on, wake up FFS.
    Last edited by robut; 18th February 2017 at 02:05 PM.

It is very worrying watching this latest phase in the long term unravelling of US civil life. It is all beginning to look very Ukrainian or Venezuelan in its level of dysfunction. Both sides are flat-out lying about each other on a daily basis, routine acts and decisions get turned into divisive sagas, and coherent and consistent voices are really hard to find. At this stage both sides are as worrying and off-putting as each other. The root of it is not so much that Trump was elected and some people refuse to accept this but that something has been happening to the quality of US democracy for a very long time now, and the Trump election has been the occassion where this dysfunction has come to the surface.

As it happens he is not undermining the freedom of the press- he is undermining public faith in the press. Those are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    As it happens he is not undermining the freedom of the press- he is undermining public faith in the press. Those are not the same thing.
    Do you see any connection?

Page 2 of 282 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment