Register to Comment
Page 1 of 301 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree1260Likes

UC Berkeley Snowflakes are revolting

The crime they are protesting about - Free Speech.

Violence erupted at UC Berkeley on Wednesday night hours before right-wing commentator Milo Yiannopoulos was scheduled to speak.

The university blamed "150 masked agitators" for the violence, saying they had come to campus to disturb an otherwise peaceful protest.

Administrators decided to cancel the event about two hours before the Breitbart editor's speech. UC Berkeley said it removed him from campus "amid the violence and destruction of property and out of concern for public safety."

Black-clad protesters wearing masks threw commercial grade fireworks and rocks at police. Some even hurled Molotov cocktails that ignited fires. They also smashed windows of the student union center on the Berkeley campus where the Yiannopoulos was to be held.

At least six people were injured. Some were attacked by the agitators -- who are a part of an anarchist group known as the "Black Block" that has been causing problems in Oakland for years, said Dan Mogulof, UC Berkeley spokesman.
    Milo Yiannopoulos event at Berkeley canceled after protests - CNN.com

The manner in which the left so successfully shut down free speech in the past has manifested itself in the election of Trump. They can no longer shut down dissent. Calling their opponents 'racist' etc. no longer has the desired effect.

The question that has always occurred to me when I see behaviour like this, is how many of these protesters arrived at their opinions entirely by themselves and how many are easily manipulated by propaganda ?

Soros donates to a lot of groups.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

These are fascist-type tactics to stop free speech.

Twitter
    @

there is a cure for that, baton injections and plenty of pepper spray air therapy

Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson View Post

The manner in which the left so successfully shut down free speech in the past has manifested itself in the election of Trump. They can no longer shut down dissent. Calling their opponents 'racist' etc. no longer has the desired effect.

The question that has always occurred to me when I see behaviour like this, is how many of these protesters arrived at their opinions entirely by themselves and how many are easily manipulated by propaganda ?

He's gay and supposedly prefers black men.

Racist homophobic liberals !!

Liberal universities at the centre of the fight against democracy and free speech.

The entire history of western civilisation is being turned on it's head by imbeciles.

Is it not a protest about the views of that particular right wing islamaphobe Yiannopoulos?

Firstly I know you lads here love your simplistic generalisations to spin your hysterical propoganda but if I'm correct this 'group' of protesters are just that, one group, are they representative of 'the left' - indeed who are 'the left' you write about, I consider myself on the left and while I find many of the views of Yiannopoulos objectionable and he's a bit of a clown, I have no problem in him spouting them and people engaging him on them.

As for calling people 'racist' well if someone spouts language that is racist, what's the problem in calling them out on it? If the KKK have a rally is it incorrect to call them racist given their white supremacist views?

As for 'shutting down dissent' - you are aware that holding left wing views is a form of dissent given the dominance of right wing politics and finance around the globe?

Surely one could make this point about many people, we are not born with particular views we learn them as we travel through life, for example, if our parents are racist or homophobic or whatever, it's likely those views rub off on children and young people. In relation to manipulation by propoganda, Trump has given a masterclass in that in the recent election and many of those who voted for him are going to be very disappointed when he fails them.

[/QUOTE]

Does he indeed, is he the only one? If he was donating to 'groups' you agree with, would you be concerned too?

Why aren't these "black box" minimi terrorists prosecuted?

Why are idiots allowed to wear balaclavas at a protest?

Odious príck meets insufferable twats.

Why the need to take sides?

Quote Originally Posted by Volatire View Post
    Liberal universities at the centre of the fight against democracy and free speech.

The entire history of western civilisation is being turned on it's head by imbeciles.
    Its not liberalism. Its Cultural Marxism. Or as Hannity calls it the Alt-Left.

Page 1 of 301 1231151101 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment