Register to Comment
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

In terms of our own Supremes, how do call it Conservative v Liberal?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

There are no WASPs on The Supreme Court @ the mo, just Catholics and Jews which is amazing!

Ted Cruz. I'd bet money on it if I had some.

Judge Julie Strain, star of sex court, would be ideal -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_Court

Sean Spicer just let slip that its a "he", but when female journalist asked about it he clarified it was "the individual".

Quote Originally Posted by Betson View Post
    I think he will throw them all off by picking a minority or female nomination , and let the party of identify politics object to them.

This is likely the most lasting legacy or relevance Trump or indeed any president has while in office and after they leave office. Very important decision that has long term consequences no matter who gets in the White house in 4 years time.
    He could pick Cruz yet. Initial reports are that Cruz shot it down when spoken to by the Trump administration but maybe he had time to reflect on it. Unlikely to be Cruz but he remains a dark horse. Trump has put two of his opponents for the nomination into his Cabinet.

Agree, that the pick will be part of Trump's "legacy" so the younger the candidate the better.

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    Ted Cruz. I'd bet money on it if I had some.
    If and I still think a big if, it would be a master stroke.

It would get rid of a potential primary challenger for 2020 for either Trump or Pence, his GOP colleagues who loathe Cruz would vote to confirm in a heartbeat just to get him out of the Senate and the Conservative base would be delighted to see a young Arch-Conservative on the bench for a few decades.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCKY View Post
    He could pick Cruz yet. Initial reports are that Cruz shot it down when spoken to by the Trump administration but maybe he had time to reflect on it. Unlikely to be Cruz but he remains a dark horse. Trump has put two of his opponents for the nomination into his Cabinet.

Agree, that the pick will be part of Trump's "legacy" so the younger the candidate the better.
    I don't think there is any chance it is Cruz, if it was it would have been leaked well before now , no way they could keep that name under raps like they have with the nominee he has picked , whoever they may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Betson View Post
    I don't think there is any chance it is Cruz, if it was it would have been leaked well before now , no way they could keep that name under raps like they have with the nominee he has picked , whoever they may be.
    I agree that it is unlikely and meant to make the point that it would be a minority pick.

Speculation that the pick is being brought forward from Thursday to distract from the "rough" weekend that Trump just had.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment