Register to Comment
Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree306Likes

White Santas Matter! Outrage over "minority" Father Christmas.

The Mall of America is a huge shopping development in Bloomington, Minnesota. It apparently earns its name by virtue of being the largest shopping mall in the whole United States. Every year, in common with other shopping centres and malls around the world, they hire a Santa Claus who'll be on-site in the run-up to Christmas to listen to children, take note of their wishes for seasonal presents and to give them some gifts.

This year, they've hired one Larry Jefferson, a U.S. Army veteran from Irving, Texas to don the red suit and beard. Cue. Online. Meltdown. Why? Larry Jefferson is an African-American and lots of folks think that the role should be reserved for a white guy.

The local newspaper had to shut down comments on the story such was the level of racist invective. You can read some of the comments below. There is now a campaign in full swing to boycott the Mall. How far it goes remains to be seen but it's clear that people feel very free now to vent prejudices that perhaps they would have previously kept under wraps.

EDIT AT 12:30H ON 06/12/2016

The story about Sarah Palin having supposedly supported a boycott of Mall of America is false and has its origins on a satirical website.

More here:
    A story that the former Alaska governor called for the boycott after discovering that the mall had hired its first black Santa Claus is a hoax.

Racists target Minnesota's Mall of America over its first black Santa | Daily Mail Online

‘Santa is WHITE. BOYCOTT Mall of America’: Online racists are having a meltdown over mall’s black Santa

Mall of America: Black Santa Hired for First Time

Last edited by Oscurito; 6th December 2016 at 01:31 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Cultural appropriation?

I think there might be something those people have missed about the spirit of Christmas and goodwill to all men.

Quote Originally Posted by silverharp View Post
    Cultural appropriation?
    Santa Claus a celebrated figure in many cultures - not just "white culture".

Some families won't care what colour face Santa has, this Christmas

Four people killed and nine more injured following 24 hours of carnage on Irish roads - Independent.ie

I remember a few decades ago spending Christmas in Morocco. Good times.

Anyway the local chap, black as the ace of spades, who was 'doing' Santa wore a white mask and white gloves! Sure, his target audience was white but it did make me laugh inside. At least he was making an effort.

Santa isnt real, he is a lie.

For all I care Santa could be black, white, yellow brown, straight, bi, gay, lesbian, wear a skirt, heels and Rudolph be a poodle in the local mall, wouldnt bother me.

In the future child psychologists will lie agape at the damage this parental and societal lie does to kids at their most vulnerable and formative years.

Quote Originally Posted by EUrJokingMeRight View Post
    I remember a few decades ago spending Christmas in Morocco. Good times.

Anyway the local chap, black as the ace of spades, who was 'doing' Santa wore a white mask and white gloves! Sure, his target audience was white but it did make me laugh inside. At least he was making an effort.

Santa isnt real, he is a lie.

For all I care Santa could be black, white, yellow brown, straight, bi, gay, lesbian, wear a skirt, heels and Rudolph be a poodle in the local mall, wouldnt bother me.

In the future child psychologists will lie agape at the damage this parental and societal lie does to kids at their most vulnerable and formative years.

The USA is a nation of LARGE infants. They're hardly capable of self determination, never mind running their empire.

Quote Originally Posted by EUrJokingMeRight View Post

Santa isnt real, .
    Reported!

Quote Originally Posted by Oscurito View Post
    Santa Claus a celebrated figure in many cultures - not just "white culture".
    Ill go with faux outrage as I don't really care , but its exactly the arguments that people have had to listen to for years from the SJW's . The character behind Santa is possibly of pre Christian European lore. Whatever way you lay it out Santa is white in the same way that Shaft is Black

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment