Register to Comment
Page 2121 of 2152 FirstFirst ... 11211621202120712111211921202121212221232131 ... LastLast
Results 21,201 to 21,210 of 21511
Like Tree9304Likes
  1. #21201
    Beachcomber Beachcomber is offline
    Beachcomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,058

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    Not always. I've in countries where the capital represents the centre of financial power, while the seat of government is elsewhere.
    Where are the embassies in that case? Surely the embassies should be in the city where the seat of government is.

    What sense would it make for the US embassy to be in Jerusalem, if the elements of the Israeli government that it needs to deal with are in Tel Aviv?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #21202
    odie1kanobe odie1kanobe is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    32,103

    Funny how the Dems were going on about Sexual Harassment a year ago and look who has been found out............
    Weinstein the big donor and supporter of womens rights,
    Senator Franken the supporter of womens rights,
    Congressman Conyers
    Congressman Kihuen
    Congressman Filner
    Congressman Weiner.................... though he was known about.

    The whiter than white screams about Trump seem to have backfired on Democrats but strangely Democratic Women who happy to accept Weinsteins money etc have stayed quiet. Hypocrites much.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #21203
    owedtojoy owedtojoy is offline
    owedtojoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    39,725

    Quote Originally Posted by odie1kanobe View Post
    Funny how the Dems were going on about Sexual Harassment a year ago and look who has been found out............
    Weinstein the big donor and supporter of womens rights,
    Senator Franken the supporter of womens rights,
    Congressman Conyers
    Congressman Kihuen
    Congressman Filner
    Congressman Weiner.................... though he was known about.

    The whiter than white screams about Trump seem to have backfired on Democrats but strangely Democratic Women who happy to accept Weinsteins money etc have stayed quiet. Hypocrites much.
    On the contrary, my silly friend, it is Lardarse who will suffer the ultimate backlash.

    Everyone knows Gropehard is the highest-ranking sexual predator in Washington, and in your haste you forgot your pure-white virgin friend would-be Senator Roy "Dirty Ol' Hoor" Moore, who the Republicans have proposed for secular canonisation.

    You also forgot Senator David "The Sh*tter" Vitter, and Senator Larry Craig, who was charged with hustling for gay sex in an airport bathroom. And Congressman Tim Murphy who voted against abortion while asking his girlfriend to have one. Lovely.

    So blowing bullshyte about hypocrisy is a dangerous pastime.

    You usually get shown up as one yourself.

    Why is it right for Franken to resign, and Trump to stay in office? And for Roy Moore to be elected Senator? No Republican has been able to give a straight and honest answer. Have a go, I bet you will fail.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #21204
    owedtojoy owedtojoy is offline
    owedtojoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    39,725

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    Where are the embassies in that case? Surely the embassies should be in the city where the seat of government is.

    What sense would it make for the US embassy to be in Jerusalem, if the elements of the Israeli government that it needs to deal with are in Tel Aviv?
    Embassies should be where the sovereignty of the host country is initially clear and not contested, since Embassy territory is technically part of the sovereign state of the Embassy nation. If it is ceded by the host to the Embassy nation, then the host must have clear title. You cannot cede someone else's territory.

    Tel Aviv has always been within Israel's borders going back to the partition in 1948. Embassies should remain there until the status of Jerusalem is clear. Of course, it also applies pressure on Israel to engage is serious pace talks.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #21205
    Elvis jaffacake Elvis jaffacake is offline
    Elvis jaffacake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,661

    Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    Did Trump nearly lose his dentures as he announced the movement of the Israel Embassy?

    Did President Trump slur his speech? - CNN
    Jesus of all the things they could actually report on....seriously who gives a ************************ if he has dentures...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #21206
    odie1kanobe odie1kanobe is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    32,103

    Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    On the contrary, my silly friend, it is Lardarse who will suffer the ultimate backlash.

    Everyone knows Gropehard is the highest-ranking sexual predator in Washington, and in your haste you forgot your pure-white virgin friend would-be Senator Roy "Dirty Ol' Hoor" Moore, who the Republicans have proposed for secular canonisation.

    You also forgot Senator David "The Sh*tter" Vitter, and Senator Larry Craig, who was charged with hustling for gay sex in an airport bathroom. And Congressman Tim Murphy who voted against abortion while asking his girlfriend to have one. Lovely.

    So blowing bullshyte about hypocrisy is a dangerous pastime.

    You usually get shown up as one yourself.

    Why is it right for Franken to resign, and Trump to stay in office? And for Roy Moore to be elected Senator? No Republican has been able to give a straight and honest answer. Have a go, I bet you will fail.
    Still can't get over losing the election.............can you.

    It was Democrats screaming about sexual abuse and at the same time shouting about Womens rights while abusing women.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #21207
    an innocent abroad an innocent abroad is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    27,085
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #21208
    an innocent abroad an innocent abroad is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    27,085
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #21209
    Herr Rommel Herr Rommel is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4,642

    Quote Originally Posted by an innocent abroad View Post
    Fake news no doubt.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #21210
    Mick Mac Mick Mac is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,755

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis jaffacake View Post
    Jesus of all the things they could actually report on....seriously who gives a ************************ if he has dentures...
    Not only is that ageist it's also offensive.

    But at the end if the day who gives a shyte if he did wear dentures.

    But with a lot of the anti Trump movement you have to remember it's built in childishness. Don't mistake that to mean opposing him is childish. It's not; there are plenty of reasons to oppose him.

    Which begs the question why is so much of the opposition puerile stupidity just like this false teeth story.

    As long as a very large portion of Trump's opposition either consists of or panders to the childish then Trump is at serious risk of getting a second term.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment