View Poll Results: 2 weeks out, who would you vote for?

Voters
507. You must be logged in to vote on this poll. Please login or register.
  • Obama (Democrat)

395 77.91%
  • Romney (Republican)

112 22.09%
Register to Comment
Page 2 of 675 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast
Like Tree2486Likes

I suspect that this will be something like 1960 (Kennedy/Nixon), where the popular vote will be very close the the EC vote will favour the Democrats quite considerably as their vote is better spread in the swing states.

Two poor candidates though, just like the last two US elections.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by TommyO'Brien View Post
    Your lack of elementary knowledge never ceases to amaze. As usual you entirely miss the point. The number of non-Whites in the GOP is not remotely representative of the US population as a whole. In a recent poll covered on other threads the support among African Americans for Romney stood at a whopping 0%. Zero. The support for Romney among African Americans was so low it defied measurement. It is disproproptionately low among Hispanics and other groups.

Right wing commentators on Fox commented on how few non-whites attended the RNC and said lack of appeal to non-Whites could cost Romney key marginal states. The GOP leadership recognise that. You seem to be in complete denial however.
    It is an issue the out of touch media people are making big hay of this year. But guess what, America is a majority white country (69% according to last census), so why it would be unusual that the majority of faces at a convention would be white?

Even though the 0% amongst blacks is a bit shocking, Dems always get the great majority of 'the black vote', anyway. Romney's major target votes was always going to be suburbanites in the swing states like Ohio and Florida. The old 'Reagan Democrats', as they have been described before.
    Last edited by Colin M; 7th September 2012 at 01:11 PM.

Looks like Oboingo is losing the Jewish vote(at least one, anyway):

WALL STREET INSIDER: My God…My God…What Has Become Of America? - The Ulsterman Report

WSI: Place the title of president in front of his name – when you speak of him. That is no longer required of you when we speak.

UM: Really? You said that was…you were concerned about remaining respectful of the office. That—
    WSI: (interrupts) That concern has greatly diminished. The man does not warrant such respect by you…or anyone else. He is…he…he is no longer my president.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    I suspect that this will be something like 1960 (Kennedy/Nixon), where the popular vote will be very close the the EC vote will favour the Democrats quite considerably as their vote is better spread in the swing states.

Two poor candidates though, just like the last two US elections.
    Wasn't that one 'stolen' by the Dems', like to 2000 one was by the Reps'?

US unemployment data just out shows 8.3% drop to 8.1%.
    Rick Santelli of CNBC loudly predicting 7.9% for Nov.

That is good, very good for Obama.

There can only be one winner, and it won't be the ordinary people of the US. Does anyone really think that either candidate really has them at heart?
    As for the multi-million dollar charade they call an election .... as the lyrics of The Bright Side of Life go

It's really just a show
    so keep on laughing as you go
    but remember that the last laugh
    is on you!

It's one space I won't be watching with bated breath

Wasn't there a science fiction story about how the future politics of the world would be down to one guy's vote and the computers were able to identify him. The plot of the yarn was how the parties try to influence him ?

It's getting more like this all the time.

If FF were one of the parties they'd have trees delivered the day before the election only to take them back the day after ( I can't link tghis story unfortunately) or send him a letter the day before. The letter that got Cyprian Brady elected -Fianna Fail 2007 -Dublin Central « Irish Election Literature

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    It is naive to think there is nothing at stake here.

For example, Scotus Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has indicated she will retire soon. She is one of the liberal minority of the court at the moment. A Republican President would undoubtedly nominate a Conservative to take her place, whereas Obama will probably nominate another Liberal.

There is a chance that another Justice may retire (or die!) and allow the next President to change the Court's composition, or entrench it. That in itself is important enough.
    If you heard Sandra Fluck's speech at the DNC you would think if Romney wins all women are going to be transported back to the 1950s. With emotional speculative arguments like her's being given prominence at the DNC it is hard take anything the Democrats say seriously. If I was a betting man I would put on my money on the next four years being dominated by GRIDLOCK regardless on who is in the Whitehouse, and given the extremists who dominate both parties this may not be such a bad thing on social issues, but a disaster on the economic and debt issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfReason View Post
    If you heard Sandra Fluck's speech at the DNC you would think if Romney wins all women are going to be transported back to the 1950s. With emotional speculative arguments like her's being given prominence at the DNC it is hard take anything the Democrats say seriously. If I was a betting man I would put on my money on the next four years being dominated by GRIDLOCK regardless on who is in the Whitehouse, and given the extremists who dominate both parties this may not be such a bad thing on social issues, but a disaster on the economic and debt issues.
    Romney wants to row back on Roe v Wade.

Ryan has previously supported a ban on all abortion regardless of circumstance.

The official GOP position ot to ban all abortion regardless of circumstance.

Obamacare, which Romney wants to appeal, removes discrimination against women in health insurance.

You seriously going to suggest that the GOP agenda is pro-women?

Quote Originally Posted by livingstone View Post
    Romney wants to row back on Roe v Wade.

Ryan has previously supported a ban on all abortion regardless of circumstance.

The official GOP position ot to ban all abortion regardless of circumstance.

Obamacare, which Romney wants to appeal, removes discrimination against women in health insurance.

You seriously going to suggest that the GOP agenda is pro-women?
    If they meant to do it for real; then they would be pro-women.

This is the sort of issue that should have a civil war fought over it.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment