Register to Comment
Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 585
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #501
    owedtojoy owedtojoy is offline
    owedtojoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    24,755

    The question crpstus dodged. The Republican front runner accepts the US National Academy of Sciences conclusion that climate change is real.



    I'll repeat that sentence: The Republican front runner accepts the US National Academy of Sciences conclusion that climate change is real.

    It throws into sharp relief that two major contenders - Bachmann and Perry - reject the views of the Academy on two important scientific theories - climate change and evolution. What nutty irrational madness might they suddenly buy into during their term of office?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #502
    SirCharles SirCharles is offline
    SirCharles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,292

    It always strikes me when right-wing nutters are accusing others of being "fascists".
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #503
    CanRonPaulSavetheUS CanRonPaulSavetheUS is offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4,641

    Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    if they reject empirical evidence when the vast majority of scientists accept it, how can you expect them to run a country upon rational rather than ideological lines? Are you going to get the likes of Thabo Mbeki of South Africa - recommending garlic and herbs for AIDS?
    Would you like to answer the question you ran away from.

    Do you agree as reported on this site in the Fish Nua thread where the founder of Fish Nua believes that cannabis cures cancer.

    You are the one that is talking about garlic so the question is simple.

    Is the founder of Fish Nua a loon
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #504
    Watch The Break Watch The Break is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    626

    Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post

    I'll repeat that sentence: The Republican front runner accepts the US National Academy of Sciences conclusion that climate change is real.
    That this is a significant event is really depressing.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #505
    owedtojoy owedtojoy is offline
    owedtojoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    24,755

    Quote Originally Posted by CanRonPaulSavetheUS View Post
    Would you like to answer the question you ran away from.

    Do you agree as reported on this site in the Fish Nua thread where the founder of Fish Nua believes that cannabis cures cancer.

    You are the one that is talking about garlic so the question is simple.

    Is the founder of Fish Nua a loon
    I asked you first: do you agree that the Republican front runner accepts the fact of global warming?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #506
    owedtojoy owedtojoy is offline
    owedtojoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    24,755

    Thank God there is one Republican character with the class, character and guts to take on the stupid, pseudo-scientific wing of bizarros and wingnuts. If Romney showed a bit of this fighting spirit, he would win in a canter:

    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #507
    owedtojoy owedtojoy is offline
    owedtojoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    24,755

    Better and better from Huntsman. Perry is wildly claiming that "scientists took money to manipulate data". The obvious question is "What scientists?. Name them"

    Like the entire US Academy of Sciences, Rick? And what do you say, Michelle? And you, Ron?

    Huntsman may not stand much of a chance, but better a fighter than a pseudo-science clone from Tea Party central casting.

    For the past few days, the Perry campaign has been laying down some serious anti-science markers. Between saying “a substantial number of [climate] scientists… have manipulated data” (an accusation they couldn’t come close to substantiating) and saying, “In Texas, we teach both creationism and evolution,” Perry has been going all out for the anti-science primary vote.

    A lone, unambiguous, pro-science voice in the Republican field, Jon Huntsman tweeted today:


    To be clear. I believe in evolution and trust scientists on global warming. Call me crazy.

    You’re not crazy, former governor Huntsman, you’re just working in a field where rational activity has had, shall we say, a strange definition in recent years.
    Huntsman’s Campaign Calls Out Perry on Science Denial | The Intersection | Discover Magazine

    Hammering away on the point that Perry and Bachmann, and Ron Paul too, are as rational as nutjobs like Orly Taitz, the queen of "birtherism", will help Romney, and probably ultimately Obama as well. It will also help Huntsman, who is doing his profile no harm at all.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #508
    CanRonPaulSavetheUS CanRonPaulSavetheUS is offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4,641

    Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    I asked you first: do you agree that the Republican front runner accepts the fact of global warming?
    Who is the frontrunner.

    Romney believes in global warming. Let's see how he does.

    Now

    Do you agree as reported on this site in the Fish Nua thread where the founder of Fish Nua believes that cannabis cures cancer.

    Is the founder of Fish Nua a loon


    A lot of people die of cancer, is the founder of Fish Nua a doctor or a Loon
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #509
    owedtojoy owedtojoy is offline
    owedtojoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    24,755

    Quote Originally Posted by CanRonPaulSavetheUS View Post
    Who is the frontrunner.

    Romney believes in global warming. Let's see how he does.

    Now

    Do you agree as reported on this site in the Fish Nua thread where the founder of Fish Nua believes that cannabis cures cancer.

    Is the founder of Fish Nua a loon


    A lot of people die of cancer, is the founder of Fish Nua a doctor or a Loon
    What is "Fish Nua"? A new species of fish? Never heard of it. Tell us about it.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #510
    CanRonPaulSavetheUS CanRonPaulSavetheUS is offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4,641

    Just tell us about canabis curing cancer.

    Is he a loon or not
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment