Register to Comment
Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

People Before Profit's social media problem.

It's been a bad few days for the comrades of People Before Profit. Two of their Dublin councillors were widely condemned for their tweets expressing tacit understanding for the criminal gang who looted and demolished a supermarket in Tallaght. Or at least showed an equivocal attitude towards an act that has left vulnerable elderly residents without a nearby grocery shop.

The reaction to those tweets is nothing, however, compared to the widespread derision faced by Brid Smith TD for her sniping remarks about a jacket worn by Leo Varadkar. See below. This, of course, follows on from the tweet on Christmas Day from Joan Collins TD that was laden with seasonal spite towards political opponents.

Perhaps the comrades need to step outside the bubble they've constructed around themselves in which only their audience of fawning supporters aren't blocked?

Sign in or Register Now to reply

It seems as if Brid is doing all that she can to make people personally loathe Leo. Much of this is probably only ever seen by party activists. But this is the sort of motivation that is driven by Brid Smith.

Call it envy as the basis of political ideology.

This is completely unnecessary.

If she just stated the obvious - Leo is useless, and beholded to the DOBlin media who supported him in his quest for the FG leadership - she would achieve her objective. She could even tackle him on his outsourcing of Brexit negotiations to Brussels, in what amounts to a really abysmal abdication of responsiblity to the Irish people. Covered up, in a series of green jersey stunts by both LV and Barnier (who let's be honest, beyond the soundbites, does not give a sh1t about Ireland - Barnier's number one objective is the protection of power in Brussels. And of course the Brits know this. In fact everybody knows this except here in Ireland, were we are being sold ot again, for a pat on the head).

But, I guess Brid is too afraid of the mainstream media to do that. So she does what she thinks she can get away with - ridiculing his clothing expenditure.

Brid Smith is NOT a brave challenger to the status quo. Brid is very much acqueiscent of media power.

Brid is just a career rabble-rouser with loads of nastiness to unleash, and not much else to offer. In other words, she is a Trot.
    Last edited by Analyzer; 6th March 2018 at 09:02 AM.

They really are going nowhere fast.

Might be better use of their time to promote the abolishment of LPT and USC.

Mass protests required.

When I was poor I learned how to sew in order to make clothes for myself so I could be turned out half decently at least. The thing is that Trots no matter how much money they have always seem to dress appalling and utterly lack style. I don't begrudge Leo his jacket from Brown Thomas (probably my favourite shop in Ireland), what I do begrudge him though is the way he acted as Minister of Health with such contempt for the sufferings of the most vulnerable in society.

I'd never heard of the brand myself, but after googling I see you can get a similar looking one of theirs for €185 in Brown Thomas. More than I'd pay, as I'm a notorious cheap-skate, but it's hardly that exorbitant.

Brid or one of her supporters obviously knows a good jacket when they see it though. They sound like the kind of people who'd go searching through your rubbish bin to find some juicy information about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    It seems as if Brid is doing all that she can to make people personally detest Leo.

This is completely unnecessary.

If she just stated the obvious - Leo is useless, and beholded to the DOBlin media who supported him in his quest for the FG leadership - she would achieve her objective. She could even tackle him on his outsourcing of Brexit negotiations to Brussels, in what amounts to a really abysmal abdication of responsiblity to the Irish people. Covered up, in a series of green jersey stunts by both LV and Barnier (who let's be honest, beyond the soundbites, does not give a sh1t about Ireland).

But, I guess Brid is too afraid of the mainstream media to do that. So she does what she thinks she can get away with - ridiculing his clothing expenditure.

Brid Smith is NOT a brave challenger to the status quo. Brid is very much acqueiscent of media power.

Brid is just a career rabble-rouser with loads of nastiness to unleash, and not much else to offer. In other words, she is a Trot.
    It's noticeable that the Dublin media reported on a tweet by Fine Gaeler Noel Rock but ignored the other tweets. If Brid Smith is trying to get people to detest Varadkar, she's failing badly. The vast majority of replies are supportive of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wascurito View Post
    It's noticeable that the Dublin media reported on a tweet by Fine Gaeler Noel Rock but ignored the other tweets. If Brid Smith is trying to get people to detest Varadkar, she's failing badly. The vast majority of replies are supportive of him.
    Is his personal rating in excess of 60% already ?

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    They really are going nowhere fast.

Might be better use of their time to promote the abolishment of LPT and USC.

Mass protests required.
    Shouting and roaring in public spaces is what they do best.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbit v2 View Post
    I'd never heard of the brand myself, but after googling I see you can get a similar looking one of theirs for €185 in Brown Thomas. More than I'd pay, as I'm a notorious cheap-skate, but it's hardly that exorbitant.

Brid or one of her supporters obviously knows a good jacket when they see it though. They sound like the kind of people who'd go searching through your rubbish bin to find some juicy information about you.
    FFS. He might have bought it in the SALES.

You have to love those lefties.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Is his personal rating in excess of 60% already ?
    This is what Google says.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...ions-1.3367359

"Irish Times/Ipsos MRBI opinion poll: Taoiseach’s satisfaction rating at 60%."

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment