Register to Comment
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Can a new Left Grouping/Party emerge ?

Though the ULA has torn asunder, is there a possibility of a new left grouping emerging with new members such as Seamus Healy, Clare Daly, Catherine Murphy, Finian McGrath, Thomas Pringle and Maureen O'Sullivan ? It might surprise many to read that I personally as an SFer I would welcome such a development as A) it would keep SF on their toes as they have some able debaters and campaigners who may generate better policies than SF B) their are some left leaning voters but will never vote for the Provos/SF, hence it would be better a another left grouping/party emerge to get this vote rather than those FG/FF crony's and useful idiots Labour.

Maybe it's too late for the local elections coming up, but surely it wouldn't be a bad idea for a practical* left organisation emerging which the greater co operation etc which can only help in the emergence of a greater left bloc (including SF) to oppose the right wing politics of cronyism, corruption and incompetence of Fianna Gael and Fine Fail that has effectively dominated the state since it's founding ?

* ( I haven't included Trots such as the Higgins, Boyd Barret, and I'd be doubtful on Joan Collins after all PBP is just another front for the SWP as the Trots are for the birds and will wreck anything ).
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

If they do it could spell the end of SF.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    If they do it could spell the end of SF.
    innein?

That is quite possibly the best joke of all time - even if I do say so myself (say it out loud)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    innein?

That is quite possibly the best joke of all time - even if I do say so myself (say it out loud)
    inane?

Quote Originally Posted by paulp View Post
    inane?
    Yes, which is what such a party would be

(lacking sense or meaning, for those not able to use Google)

Too many egos. If there's a problem with parties like FF/FG & Labour not having any ideology, there's an even bigger problem with politicians with more ideology than common sense.

Having said that two of the best performers in he Dail are from the left block; Murphy and Gilligan.
    Last edited by Keith-M; 8th January 2014 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PO'Neill View Post
    Though the ULA has torn asunder, is there a possibility of a new left grouping emerging with new members such as Seamus Healy, Clare Daly, Catherine Murphy, Finian McGrath, Thomas Pringle and Maureen O'Sullivan ? It might surprise many to read that I personally as an SFer I would welcome such a development as A) it would keep SF on their toes as they have some able debaters and campaigners who may generate better policies than SF B) their are some left leaning voters but will never vote for the Provos/SF, hence it would be better a another left grouping/party emerge to get this vote rather than those FG/FF crony's and useful idiots Labour.

Maybe it's too late for the local elections coming up, but surely it wouldn't be a bad idea for a practical* left organisation emerging which the greater co operation etc which can only help in the emergence of a greater left bloc (including SF) to oppose the right wing politics of cronyism, corruption and incompetence of Fianna Gael and Fine Fail that has effectively dominated the state since it's founding ?

* ( I haven't included Trots such as the Higgins, Boyd Barret, and I'd be doubtful on Joan Collins after all PBP is just another front for the SWP as the Trots are for the birds and will wreck anything ).
    Daly and Healy are Trotskyite wreckers but I agree with the jist of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Honecker View Post
    Daly and Healy are Trotskyite wreckers but I agree with the jist of your post.
    With those two running the show: no way1

Quote Originally Posted by PO'Neill View Post

Is the no percentage obstacle for parties to get at least say some 5% (for instance) of the votes to have a seat in the Dáil? I´m must asking this because in that case, a new left-wing party would stand a small chance to have some use from the votes. What about Éirígí?

Quote Originally Posted by stakerwallace View Post
    With those two running the show: no way1
    I think there's a political future for Daly if she abadons all the Trotskyist crap. She seems like a smart cookie.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment