Register to Comment
Page 1 of 85 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree709Likes

Boris Johnson slammed for saying women in burqas resemble "letter boxes".

I'm laughing at this. Is it wrong to laugh at this? I remember reading about Afghanistan after the Taliban took over in the 1990s, forcing the women to adopt a style of dress that local men said made them look like "bottles".

Anyway, letter boxes in the UK are red.

Irish Independent: Boris Johnson criticized for saying Muslim women wearing burkas 'look like letter boxes'
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

They should be banned in the western world anything that covers the face should be banned for security reasons alone the fact it its a symbol of oppression not culture.

Johnson is right. The purpose of covering up like that for women is to protect them from sandstorms, getting sand up their nose and in their mouths and the scouring effect of the sand on their face skin (sand blasting is used to clean grime and pollution of stone), there is no possible justification for continuing to wear such clothing in Britain where sandstorms are as rare as in Ireland, migrants need to indicate their willingness to embrace their new culture and adopting our clothing traditions is a very good way of demonstrating that willingness

I can't stand BoJo but he's not wrong on this...

Plus he was apparently arguing in favour of their 'right' to wear them but obviously thinks they look ludicrous... which they do imo...

Quote Originally Posted by fat finger View Post
    Johnson is right. The purpose of covering up like that for women is to protect them from sandstorms, getting sand up their nose and in their mouths and the scouring effect of the sand on their face skin (sand blasting is used to clean grime and pollution of stone), there is no possible justification for continuing to wear such clothing in Britain wear sandstorms are as rare as in Ireland, migrants need to indicate their willingness to embrace their new culture and adopting our clothing traditions is a very good way of demonstrating willingness
    No. It's to protect the Arab/Islamic idea of a woman's honour (or the Arab/Islamic idea of a woman's honour). For another man to even be allowed look in a lustful manner at a woman's face is an affront to her honour and a huge insult to the man who is her guardian (husband/father/nearest male relative).

If what you are saying were true, the men would wear them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner Island View Post
    I can't stand BoJo but he's not wrong on this...

Plus he was apparently arguing in favour of their 'right' to wear them but obviously thinks they look ludicrous... which they do imo...
    They do look ludicrous but women have the right to wear whatever they want. Johnson is a racist piece of dirt as previous comments have shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Wascurito View Post
    I'm laughing at this. Is it wrong to laugh at this? I remember reading about Afghanistan after the Taliban took over in the 1990s, forcing the women to adopt a style of dress that local men said made them look like "bottles".

Irish Independent: Boris Johnson criticized for saying Muslim women wearing burkas 'look like letter boxes'
    Labour's Jess Phillips said she would report Mr Johnson to the Equality and Human Rights Commission.
    Someone tell that stupid MP to get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    They do look ludicrous but women have the right to wear whatever they want. Johnson is a racist piece of dirt as previous comments have shown.
    Oooooh Bonkers is weally weally cwoss! Read the link in the OP. Johnson is arguing against a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    But what happens when they do ...

Aqsa, a Grade 11 student, was strangled to death in her bedroom in the family home. She was attacked after her brother took her home from a school bus stop.
    According to an agreed statement of facts presented in court, Aqsa had been experiencing conflict at home and clashed with her family because she chose to wear Western-style clothing and didn't want to cover her hair with the traditional hijab head scarf.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...lash-1.4002891

Quote Originally Posted by Wascurito View Post

Might be wrong to laugh, I laughed as well and I don't care. Stupid attire for the stupid.

Page 1 of 85 1231151 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment