Register to Comment
Page 51 of 84 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Like Tree698Likes

It's a complete farce from the get go. On one side you have Boris, on one side of the religious fence.....a conservative, who feels offended by their view (wearing burka's), on the other side........we have women "on the opposite" side of the religious fence....also conservative who feels offended by his view (the garment is medi-evil/oppressive)...................and of the two "sides" offended...... why are they deemed "oppressed"?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

An excellent insight by Brendan O'Neill just now on skynews....

Should other figures such as Ken Clarke face retrospective action - given
    that he previously compared the burka to 'a kind of bag'?

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Lagertha View Post
    I watched 2 Imams discussing this on Sky News earlier on. The one dressed in a western style stated that there was no mention anywhere in the Koran about women having to wear these clothes. He stated that there is a double standard at work and that if he were to walk down the street in Oxford where he lives with a mask on his face he would be arrested but it's fine for a woman to walk down the same streets in a burka.

A second Imam dressed as if he was goat herding in Bangladesh or Pakistan felt very differently. I agree with the first fellow who said the Burka is a tribal and cultural patriarchy issue and not an Islamic requirement. Slowly but surely there is a creeping change in the attitude towards this nonsense. The Burka should not be protected it should be banned.
    I have come to the conclusion, while looking at it from every aspect of the discussion, including the input of burka clad women ringing in to radio shows over the past 3 days, that the main reason most Muslim women in the western world, wear the garment in question, is to push the barriers of tolerance in western countries, in the very same way that Muslims males will push the same barriers, by praying in the streets en masse in some European countries.

I don't think one should practice their religion in public, end of.
    Last edited by DarkCloud; 9th August 2018 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCloud View Post
    I have come to the conclusion, while looking at it from every aspect of the discussion, including the input of burka clad women ringing in to radio shows over the past 3 days, that the main reason most Muslim women in the western world, wear the garment in question, is to push the barriers of tolerance in western countries, in the very same way that Muslims males will push the same barriers, by praying in the streets en masse in some European countries.

Upon thinking there are certain cases whereby the Burka should not be allowed to be worn in public. Or at least that the women should be obliged to remove it in different cases.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCloud View Post

The praying en masse in the streets is a French thing more or less and happens because it is near to impossible to get planning permission for a Mosque in France. French Muslims have to suffer under "Laicite" laws which were originally put in place to harass French Catholics in multiple ways.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...n-islamophobia

There has been condemnation of Johnsonís comments from people who have a proud record on equalities: Fiyaz Mughal, founder of the Tell Mama charity which records Islamophobic crime, the Labour MP Naz Shah (the shadow equalities minister) and the Muslim Council of Britain.
    In fact all three mentioned have an appalling record on equality but this guy is allowed coat trail the old Islamophobia trope. Funnily enough the Guardian has not allowed comments on this piece. I wonder why??

Twitter
    @

Boris is a seriously cynical Politician. The fact that a sizeable majority of the Parlimentary "Nasty" party cannot stand him, says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...n-islamophobia

In fact all three mentioned have an appalling record on equality but this guy is allowed coat trail the old Islamophobia trope. Funnily enough the Guardian has not allowed comments on this piece. I wonder why??
    I would guess that the Tell Mama charity pays extremely well for Fiyaz, I'd love to know how much the Muslim council of Britain is receiving in funding also. It was one of their senior Imams on Sky news yesterday arguing that it is in the Koran that women have to wear it, not according to other Imams it isn't. The Muslim council of Britain have been in a lot of trouble lately for criticising anyone who reports suspected Muslim extremists.

Page 51 of 84 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment