Register to Comment
Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree278Likes

Quote Originally Posted by PBP voter View Post
    There isnt a hope of a UI.

The Prods will all vote No.

Then many Catholic women will vote No. They are successful and they are the ones with the good jobs. The men are drunks and are being left behind. Just like in Scotland.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...women-yes-vote

Its so embarrassing in Scotland that they even considered stopping women going to third level. The problem is even worse in NI.
    Female students facing squeeze as Scottish universities told to recruit more men | HeraldScotland

Is there evidence that catholic women will vote to stay in a Brexited UK?

We've been through this one a few times. Your four year old article was speculating about why the Yes/No gender gap was disappearing.

The last 5 polls show 2 with more men for No, 2 with more women for No, and one with 1% in it.

From your link

Unfortunately, fewer males progress to S6 and significantly lower proportions achieve the set of Highers needed to go on to university. We need to break down the classroom peer pressure that discourages boys, in particular, from doing well at school."
    Angela Alexander, NUS Scotland Women’s Officer, added: "The figures in this report demonstrate that the societal injustices that women continue to face, and the gender stereotyping we still find in society, can also be harmful to young men and boys.

"The Gender Action Plan presents clear goals we need to achieve in order to tackle the misguided notion that some occupations are for men and some are for women, and the ingrained sexism that gives rise to that notion, and in turn address the disparity that exists across educational courses, and education as a whole.
    Yup, the Scottish govt want to deal with how toxic gender roles harm both girls and boys in education. Working class boys being failed by education services is not a new or specially Scottish problem.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Paddyc View Post
    Could be harder to do that with 31.5% of the PSNI from a Nationalist/Republican background.

I doubt MI5/6 or British Army Intelligence have any interest in having anything to do with Loyalists if they're saying sayonara. I would also assume that the RIR will be posted to the furthest outpost while this is playing out.
    The Policing debate years ago have proved Sinn Fein were right back then and today- The RIR is no longer allowed to patrol our roads anymore- the GFA removed them under the demilitarised programme-( all the reporters could go on about for years was decommissioning - I don't think half of them bothered to read the GFA-)-

Quote Originally Posted by firefly123 View Post
    A UDI would mean a country with a nationalist Catholic majority in a few years. I highly doubt that unionists want to be the minority in a state run by the people they have collectively shat on for the past century. much better to join up with the south. most of us don't care and are much more cuddly
    That would require rational thinking by fleggers....

Quote Originally Posted by firefly123 View Post
    A UDI would mean a country with a nationalist Catholic majority in a few years. I highly doubt that unionists want to be the minority in a state run by the people they have collectively shat on for the past century. much better to join up with the south. most of us don't care and are much more cuddly
    While the golf club unionists could be astute enough to go looking for a better deal from Fine Gael/SDLP than Sinn Fein/IRA and let the fleggers fall deeper into their own toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by publicrealm View Post
    Do you think we should - is this what the people of the Republic will vote for in any border poll - the need for armed police and armoured landrovers in the Republic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall996 View Post
    They’d be patrolling the PUL ghettos in NI. Not the former ROI. What would the alternative be anyway. There’s no way the South will not vote for a UI. The rabid PUL extremists are there now, will be in 5yrs and will be in 25yrs. It’s just going to be a price we have to pay.
    Without the Brits arming and directing them the loyalists wouldn't be able to fart. I'd reckon the criminal gangs of Dublin and Limerick are more of a danger than loyalist shytebags like Dee Stit It's like saying we should block the democratic right to a United Ireland because of the Hutch and Kinahan gangs in Dublin might not want it publicrealm ?

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    And btw, there is now a majority in favour of a united Ireland in the North...
    Just try and remember you also need a majority in the Republic and not all of the voters vote according to tribal considerations.
    And when they find that their taxes are going up a couple of percent even the ones in favour in an opinion poll will be very lukewarm on the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Has no one learnt nothing from Brexit? Do not hold a referendum if you don't know what you are voting for.

Sinn Fein have been whinging for a border poll for years yet have put forward no proposals as to what a United Ireland would look like.

If you think Brexit is a mess, you ain't seen nothing yet.
    What do you expect from the believers in magic money trees and the ones who would tell the EU to go fook itself with regards bailout repayment, now seem to think they can tell the EU to fund the public money sinkhole that is Northern Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos the black View Post
    How do you mean? We know what it would look like, it would look like the Republic and be part of the EU. Why, what do you think it would look like?
    What guarantees would be put in place for unionists ?
    Who would fund the massive NI public sector ?
    Who would pay for the increased security services needed to keep a lid on loyalists?
    Would the number of seats in the Dail increase or would constituencies in the Republic lose representatives?
    Would constituencies in the Republic be redrawn ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos the black View Post
    First year?
    Not exactly long term thinking there Sailor. How much did the reunification of Germany cost?
    Ohh FFS are you still in school because only a moron or a kid compares the economic power of one of the world biggest industrialized economies with that of the Republic of Ireland.
    And East Germany did not have nearly half population wanting to remain within another state for the last few hundred years.

Quote Originally Posted by Roll_On View Post
    I don't see any serious opposition to a UI in the ROI. The only thing that'd matter is the funding model for the transition and that'd be heavily guaranteed by the EU.
    Here did you see that pig flying by the window.

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    You are assuming that The EU now with less funds that the Britz have seen sense and got out and perhaps The USA and perhaps The Britz will carry the financial can for that madness, you are living in a fools paradise. They are not obligated to give a schilling and are all of a mindset that if they can sly off without doing so, they will, they may give a million or two, but literally tens of billions over a number of years/decades would be needed!
    Shinners are not noted for their economic prowess.

The Shinners are crap in government just like the DUPpers

Quote Originally Posted by PO'Neill View Post
    Without the Brits arming and directing them the loyalists wouldn't be able to fart. I'd reckon the criminal gangs of Dublin and Limerick are more of a danger than loyalist shytebags like Dee Stit It's like saying we should block the democratic right to a United Ireland because of the Hutch and Kinahan gangs in Dublin might not want it publicrealm ?
    No not at all - I'm all for the democratic will of the people.

What I'm wondering about is whether the people of the Republic - already burdened by criminal scum and spongers of all sorts - would vote to import sectarian morons. I'm certain that most in NI - of both traditions - are decent people - but there is a particular breed - which includes both so-called 'loyalists' and 'republicans' - that no sane person would wish to import.

So the vote in the Republic might not go as smoothly as some presuppose.

What I'm wondering about is whether the people of the Republic - already burdened by criminal scum and spongers of all sorts - would vote to import sectarian morons. I'm certain that most in NI - of both traditions - are decent people - but there is a particular breed - which includes both so-called 'loyalists' and 'republicans' - that no sane person would wish to import.

Grab at another straw buddy,the average man or woman south of the border has better national pride than to be put off like a few tepid gobshytes who swallow Eoin Harris etc

Expecting the population of the Republic to vote against unity is like expecting the British to embrace the euro and the Schengen zone. We all have an element of the proverbial scorpion in our own ways - some things are just in our nature despite all seemingly rational arguments to the contrary. The vote south of the border will be a shoo in.

Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment