Register to Comment
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

UKIP on its 15th leader who says he'll resign in 12 months, why is UKIP so chaotic ?

UKIP seem loonily chaotic
    RTE - Gerard Batten appointed leader of Britain's UKIP party
    However, Mr Batten immediately announced his intention to resign in 12 months' time because he was was elected unopposed, after no other candidates stepped forward by Saturday's deadline.
    Here's the list of leaders:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._Party_leaders

How come they can't manage to hold onto their leaders ?

Do they deliver value for money to their EP constituents ?

Cyp
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

It's a massive statement of optimism from him to think UKIP will be around in 12 months given their financial problems.

cyperian on 15th thread since this time yesterday.....

They won't be around to take the blame when Brexit goes pear shaped. May and the other Tory clowns will have to shoulder most of that.

You have to hand it to them, they're entertaining.

What's EP ?

UKIP is over. It will be a surprise if they still exist in 12 months time.

I let my membership lapse some time ago. I would have rejoined to vote for Suzanne Evans, who would have been a superb leader, but they farted around with the rules of eligibility and she couldn't even run - presumably this counted out many other candidates too which is why they have an unelected leader. Farcical.

I notified them the same day Suzanne declared she couldn't run that I wanted to be deleted from their mailing list, and to be fair they did so - haven't had a peep out of them since. Before that it was increasingly desperate pleas for money.

Their main purpose for existence has been achieved so it's rudderless.

Also there were always a lot of Nigel Farage fanboys and fangirls who openly said that Nigel Farage was UKIP and never really accepted any other leader.

It was quite cult-like with them so other leaders never had a chance.

The membership is actually very diverse, something called Brexit was the only thing they always agreed on, otherwise they came from a lot of different political backgrounds.

Anne Marie Waters, a Dub, tried to become leader and when she failed she left and set up her own party, so she took some members with her too. (She's an interesting character - I'd love to know more about her. She's a Dublin lesbian, still got a strong Irish accent, but her new party is called "For Britain" and she talks about how she loves the UK, which seems odd for someone from the Republic. I don't know her background. Anyone know anything about her?)

There were always a fair few disillusioned Conservatives, so when something called Brexit happened they were happy to go back to the fold there.

I have no grá for any of the main parties. I have voted for them all in the past - indeed I campaigned for Labour in 1997 and was a Lib Dem member for a period of time after that. Lib Dems and UKIP are the only parties I've ever actually been a member of.

No idea who I'll vote for now. I may well spoil my ballot paper.

I will have to check what parties are available in the local elections coming up in May in my constituency. If it's just the usual suspects then it's a spoilt ballot paper - Labour always get in when I live anyway.

I am pretty disengaged from politics now. I feel I have to vote but a spoilt ballot paper is the best I can do at the moment.

UKIP thoroughly deserves mocking as it's made some awful feck-ups, but it achieved what it was set up to achieve with a handful of councillors and never more than one MP.

So take the piss, in many ways it deserves it and it's no skin off my arse - but I can't think of another party in UK history that achieved such a major change with virtually no Parliamentary representation and in such a short space of time.

UKIP were always treated as a joke, but they got what they wanted.
    Last edited by blokesbloke; 15th April 2018 at 02:15 PM.

Prominent brexiteer vlogger Sarrgon of Akkad is coming to Ireland on the 23rd of May to give a talk on communism and meeting other "liberalists" for drinks after.

Quote Originally Posted by benroe View Post
    Prominent brexiteer vlogger Sarrgon of Akkad is coming to Ireland on the 23rd of May to give a talk on communism and meeting other "liberalists" for drinks after.
    Never heard of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by former wesleyan View Post
    What's EP ?
    European Parliament

CyP

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment