Register to Comment
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 182
Like Tree150Likes
  1. #11
    Not The End Of The World Not The End Of The World is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    166

    Black and Asians mostly, bit not entirely. Some disadvantaged whites as well. Usual suspects, poverty, lack of positive male stereotypes. Gang culture, some youngsters seeing crime as the only way for them to progress. Very small percentage though, my experience is that most young black kids are taking opportunities and increasing their chances.

    London must have almost 8 million residents now, with a significant non white population. Added to that, a few hundred thousand illegal immigrants. Looking at it clinically, the level of crime is low compared to the numbers.

    Blair and Brown financed social programmes, Tories and 8 years of the Tories have reduced those but then we get into the arguments of people needing to stand on their own two feet rather than being spoon fed.

    Have had to spend 2 periods over the last 10 years there on a work project. Almost a year each time. Great place to visit but I wouldn't live there full time if I had the choice.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #12
    Catalpast Catalpast is online now
    Catalpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    24,040

    Quote Originally Posted by The_SR View Post
    Despite crime overall never being lower?
    A lot of crime goes unreported

    OK maybe serious crimes are

    - but low level stuff?

    Anyway in the subject of the OP it is most certainly on the rise....

    Lets hope it doesn't take hold here.....
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #13
    Skin the Goat Skin the Goat is offline
    Skin the Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,110

    Quote Originally Posted by The_SR View Post
    Despite crime overall never being lower?
    Apart from hordes of marauding heathens swamping Blanchardstown on a semi regular basis.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #14
    The_SR The_SR is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    20,416

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    A lot of crime goes unreported

    OK maybe serious crimes are

    - but low level stuff?

    Anyway in the subject of the OP it is most certainly on the rise....

    Lets hope it doesn't take hold here.....
    Yes, low level stuff. Crime has never been lower. We could do a thread on crime levels v perspective.

    Take hold here? There is no knife crime in Ireland? Even you aren't mental enough to pin that on immigrants.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #15
    Polybius Polybius is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,082

    The police in London are no longer permitted to "stop and search" people. For decades all the lefty liberals whinged that "stop and search" was racist because young black men were more likely to be stopped by police. But this policy led to large amounts of weapons being seized and was a deterant to black men to carry knives. Now the lefties have got their way and young black men can now carry knives without fear of being stopped. And who is being stabbed to death? Other black people! Well done the "anti-racist" lefties.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #16
    rainmaker rainmaker is offline
    rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    20,215

    Quote Originally Posted by gleeful View Post
    The issue in London is a shortage of guns. If, like America, the public were armed, there would be fewer stabbings.
    A very stupid response clearly typed with a sneer- classy as ever.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #17
    Not The End Of The World Not The End Of The World is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    166

    What is occurring in Blanch and surrounding areas would be the start of what you see in London so we need to nip it in the bud quickly and efficiently. Our challenge will be in the years to come as more immigrants enter the country which is what is envisaged.

    Compared to everywhere else I've been we have very small immigrant communities though whenever it comes up in conversation, work/pub, you would think we are being over run with newbies but then again we started from a low base. Hardly any black people here 20 years ago.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #18
    hollandia hollandia is online now
    hollandia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    27,073

    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    The police in London are no longer permitted to "stop and search" people. For decades all the lefty liberals whinged that "stop and search" was racist because young black men were more likely to be stopped by police. But this policy led to large amounts of weapons being seized and was a deterant to black men to carry knives. Now the lefties have got their way and young black men can now carry knives without fear of being stopped. And who is being stabbed to death? Other black people! Well done the "anti-racist" lefties.
    Bollox.

    https://www.met.police.uk/advice-and...op-and-search/

    Why we use stop and search

    Without the power of being able to stop and search individuals whom we suspect of having participated in or are about to commit a crime, the Met would be faced with a much tougher challenge on the streets of London.
    What are we looking for?

    Stop and search is never used lightly and police officers will only exercise their legal right to stop members of the public and search them when they genuinely suspect that doing so will further their investigations into criminal activity whether that means looking for weapons, drugs or stolen property.

    Section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 is different to normal stop and search as it gives police the right to search people without reasonable grounds. This can only happen in a defined area at a specific time when a senior officer believes there is a possibility of serious violence or weapons are involved.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #19
    The_SR The_SR is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    20,416

    Quote Originally Posted by Not The End Of The World View Post
    What is occurring in Blanch and surrounding areas would be the start of what you see in London so we need to nip it in the bud quickly and efficiently. Our challenge will be in the years to come as more immigrants enter the country which is what is envisaged.

    Compared to everywhere else I've been we have very small immigrant communities though whenever it comes up in conversation, work/pub, you would think we are being over run with newbies but then again we started from a low base. Hardly any black people here 20 years ago.
    And crime has fallen in those 20 years. Using catty logic, we need more blacks.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #20
    gleeful gleeful is online now

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,124

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    I think there would be a lot more shootings if that were the case!
    Fake News
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment