Register to Comment
Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree286Likes

Christian Politician is Hounded from Office in UK

Tim Farron has resigned as leader of the Liberal Democrats.

Since taking up the role of Leader of the Liberal Democrats, Farron has faced an unceasing barrage of questions about his personal religious beliefs.
    This culminated in Lord Paddick's resignation as the Liberal Democrats' home affairs spokesman, citing concerns about leader Tim Farron's "views on various issues", an allusion to Farron's alleged views on homosexuality.

Asked several times during the campaign whether he believed gay sex was a sin, having previously told Channel 4 News “we’re all sinners”, Farron repeatedly said he was not prepared to make theological pronouncements, before insisting he did not believe it was a sin and that he was pro-life.
    Tendering his resignation Farron said “I seem to be the subject of suspicion because of what I believe and who my faith is in. “In which case we are kidding ourselves if we think we yet live in a tolerant, liberal society. That’s why I have chosen to step down.."

The question is simple - is there an equal place for Christians in politics?

Tim Farron resigns as leader of the Liberal Democrats - Manchester Evening News

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ews-on-gay-sex

Tim Farron resigns as leader of Liberal Democrats | The Independent
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Where do you stand on the demonisation of the DUP because of some of their politicians' religious beliefs?

No Christian could join a party that once had one of the worlds biggest war criminals as it's leader. Lloyd George sent over the murderous Black and Tans.

Ireland's War of Independence: The chilling story of the Black and Tans | The Independent

Also he was responsible for the murder of the democratically elected mayor of Cork. Despite excluding Catholics from the jury the local Protestants found him guilty.

Following the Lord Mayor's death, the threatening letter was cited by the British Government "to suggest that there was an internal feud among the republicans". Meanwhile, Michael Collins called the assassination a "ghastly affair" and vowed to identify those responsible.[88]

Meanwhile, a coroner's inquest returned a verdict of willful murder against Lloyd George, Lord French, the Chief Secretary for Ireland, and several officials of the RIC. The reading of the verdict was greeted with applause.[87]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    Where do you stand on the demonisation of the DUP because of some of their politicians' religious beliefs?
    Shows how out of touch Britain is with Northern Ireland.

Maybe I can reply if you fill out your question a little ... keeping it in the context of this thread, naturally.

Why do you as a militant "Social Liberal" support the DUP? Answer that and you have your answer.

It's wrong, and not only that but the criticism is wholly irrelevant and is just another exercise in pseudo-liberalism from the media. The issues about which they are being attacked, SSM and abortion, are devolved issues.

The difference is the that the DUP is mostly made up of thick bastards who abuse religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Nelson View Post
    Maybe I can reply if you fill out your question a little ... keeping it in the context of this thread, naturally.
    It would be very possible in a united Ireland that the DUP could make Fianna Fail recover it's soul and FF could school the DUP in civilized ethics. Something that also needs to be considered is that getting rid of the 8 th in the South would make moves to a united Ireland much more ugly and violent.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Nelson View Post
    Tim Farron has resigned as leader of the Liberal Democrats.

Since taking up the role of Leader of the Liberal Democrats, Farron has faced an unceasing barrage of questions about his personal religious beliefs.
    This culminated in Lord Paddick's resignation as the Liberal Democrats' home affairs spokesman, citing concerns about leader Tim Farron's "views on various issues", an allusion to Farron's alleged views on homosexuality.

Tendering his resignation Farron said “I seem to be the subject of suspicion because of what I believe and who my faith is in. “In which case we are kidding ourselves if we think we yet live in a tolerant, liberal society. That’s why I have chosen to step down.."

The question is simple - is there an equal place for Christians in politics?

Tim Farron resigns as leader of the Liberal Democrats - Manchester Evening News

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ews-on-gay-sex

Tim Farron resigns as leader of Liberal Democrats | The Independent
    Just shows what a sick society over there the so called 'Liberal' agenda has produced

- that even the leader of a Liberal Party is hounded from Office

- because of his Christian beliefs....

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment