Register to Comment
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

London Bridge is falling down; Funeral arrangements for the late Queen Elizabeth II

We live in a world where somethings don't happen quick enough for some people. Seems the British papers have got hold of the detail planning for Queen Elizabeth's funeral. Problem is that she doesn't want to go willingly into the night. The plans released this week show enormous levels of planning are already in place to show a steady transition to King Charles III.
    The funeral will take over 10 days between death and burial and it will see Camilla become Queen and trips to Belfast, Edinburgh and Cardiff for services to mark his accession to the throne and to mark her life. Enormous details of how her death will be handled by the media. I think it is rather weak since all it needs in the 20 minutes before her death can be officially confirmed will be sad music on all radio stations. All it needs is a DJ to play The Smiths "The Queen is dead" for cover to be blown.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-london-bridge
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by automaticforthepeople View Post
    We live in a world where somethings don't happen quick enough for some people. Seems the British papers have got hold of the detail planning for Queen Elizabeth's funeral. Problem is that she doesn't want to go willingly into the night. The plans released this week show enormous levels of planning are already in place to show a steady transition to King Charles III.
    The funeral will take over 10 days between death and burial and it will see Camilla become Queen and trips to Belfast, Edinburgh and Cardiff for services to mark his accession to the throne and to mark her life. Enormous details of how her death will be handled by the media. I think it is rather weak since all it needs in the 20 minutes before her death can be officially confirmed will be sad music on all radio stations. All it needs is a DJ to play The Smiths "The Queen is dead" for cover to be blown.

I have just discovered that some girl's mothers are bigger than other girl's mothers.
    Last edited by Socratus O' Pericles; 20th March 2017 at 12:46 PM.

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by automaticforthepeople View Post

Read the article, and it does stretch incredulity, that something like this could be dragged out for 10 days....

Quote Originally Posted by Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS) View Post
    Read the article, and it does stretch incredulity, that something like this could be dragged out for 10 days....
    Ding dong.................

Who.

Will the plebs get a few days off work?

Quote Originally Posted by Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS) View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me at all, she's a hugely central figure to the British Establishment and one that's going to be impossible to replace with plonker Charles and his old mistress. Queen Camilla, it's enough to cause riots over there

Now this is not going to make me popular on Pie, what with me being a Nordie and a Republican and all (well lets face it that's enough to make anyone unpopular) but I do think she really did the old nation thing brilliantly, is a true English patriot, and will die to take the spotlight off how they have just f*ucked themselves - in the hope that something, anything will intervene and prevent this utter embarrassing, ridiculous melt-down of Britain.

That's old school.

Queen Elizabeth has over the years set a benchmark which her successors will find hard to equal. Loyalty in the unionist population is to the crown and implicitly to her. It will be interesting to see how the Unionist population respond to her death and in turn to her successor. Charles may not be able to command the loyalty automatically from the unionist population in the north.
    During the Scottish Referendum there was no suggestion that the head of state would be no one other than the Queen. Were she to die before the next referendum, I reckon that the Scots may debate who will be head of state in addition to what their currency might be.

I remember coming across an article about this recently. The link in the OP was more detailed than what I read but confirms what I previously read.

All sorts of sports fixtures rescheduled, sombre programming on the BBC for days, one of the biggest assemblies of world leaders ever, the financial markets closed...

Of course then there are all sorts of logistics afterwards, redesigning currency being one of the big ones.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment