Register to Comment
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Quote Originally Posted by automaticforthepeople View Post
    Queen Elizabeth has over the years set a benchmark which her successors will find hard to equal. Loyalty in the unionist population is to the crown and implicitly to her. It will be interesting to see how the Unionist population respond to her death and in turn to her successor. Charles may not be able to command the loyalty automatically from the unionist population in the north.
    During the Scottish Referendum there was no suggestion that the head of state would be no one other than the Queen. Were she to die before the next referendum, I reckon that the Scots may debate who will be head of state in addition to what their currency might be.
    Agree, I think a lot of the commonwealth countries were happy to have her as head of state. Charles might not be as endearing to some of them.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by NYCKY View Post
    I remember coming across an article about this recently. The link in the OP was more detailed than what I read but confirms what I previously read.

All sorts of sports fixtures rescheduled, sombre programming on the BBC for days, one of the biggest assemblies of world leaders ever, the financial markets closed...

Of course then there are all sorts of logistics afterwards, redesigning currency being one of the big ones.
    If she dies before 4 on the day of Ascot it's to be cancelled, After 4 its OK and they can race away! The Corgis may play a part in the funeral!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-s-death.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-revealed.html

I read this during the week. London Bridge is Down is the code phrase that is broadcast to the PM, Cabinet and Embassies and Commonwealth governments overseas. I'm intrigued by all this transfer of power type stuff. Charles will become King. William will become Prince of Wales and Catherine will become Princess of Wales.

The media will then begin releasing the news of Her Majesties death. Radio stations will play inoffensive music for 20 minutes before the official statement. TV presenters will wear black and royal commentators have already been contracted to give interviews and insights into how the arrangements will unfold. Some TV stations have already carried out rehearsals for the event replacing 'The Queen' with 'Mrs Robinson'.

A notice will be pinned on the gates of Buckingham Palace and all other residences that the Queen owns.

Great Britian will then enter a 12 day mourning period. The Queen will lie in state for most of that time in Westminster.

When Queen Elizabeth II dies, what will happen? Secret 10-day plan revealed

Quote Originally Posted by automaticforthepeople View Post
    Queen Elizabeth has over the years set a benchmark which her successors will find hard to equal. Loyalty in the unionist population is to the crown and implicitly to her. It will be interesting to see how the Unionist population respond to her death and in turn to her successor. Charles may not be able to command the loyalty automatically from the unionist population in the north.
    During the Scottish Referendum there was no suggestion that the head of state would be no one other than the Queen. Were she to die before the next referendum, I reckon that the Scots may debate who will be head of state in addition to what their currency might be.
    Yup.

Charles doesnt believe one word of it.

Elizabeth our Queen () really did think she was anointed by God to be the Sovereign Lady of these Britannic Peoples. Have you seen her Coronation on youtube? When they lower the Crown to the strains of Zadok the Priest? Having said that, she never presided over a nasty, horrid little theocracy like post-Independence Ireland was.

Well hey-ho.

We all have to face up to lies.

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    Now this is not going to make me popular on Pie, what with me being a Nordie and a Republican and all (well lets face it that's enough to make anyone unpopular) but I do think she really did the old nation thing brilliantly, is a true English patriot, and will die to take the spotlight off how they have just f*ucked themselves - in the hope that something, anything will intervene and prevent this utter embarrassing, ridiculous melt-down of Britain.

That's old school.
    Dear comrade, do not fall for the ole skool funk. Even the Brits are not that cynical, that they would dispatch Liz with a well timed injection...unless literally, they got word from G.C.H.Q that their was an asteroid on its way.....

Quote Originally Posted by cabledude View Post
    I read this during the week. London Bridge is Down is the code phrase that is broadcast to the PM, Cabinet and Embassies and Commonwealth governments overseas. I'm intrigued by all this transfer of power type stuff. Charles will become King. William will become Prince of Wales and Catherine will become Princess of Wales.

The media will then begin releasing the news of Her Majesties death. Radio stations will play inoffensive music for 20 minutes before the official statement. TV presenters will wear black and royal commentators have already been contracted to give interviews and insights into how the arrangements will unfold. Some TV stations have already carried out rehearsals for the event replacing 'The Queen' with 'Mrs Robinson'.

A notice will be pinned on the gates of Buckingham Palace and all other residences that the Queen owns.

Great Britian will then enter a 12 day mourning period. The Queen will lie in state for most of that time in Westminster.

When Queen Elizabeth II dies, what will happen? Secret 10-day plan revealed
    How did Robbo arrange that?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCKY View Post
    All sorts of sports fixtures rescheduled, sombre programming on the BBC for days, one of the biggest assemblies of world leaders ever, the financial markets closed...
    Get as far away from London as is possible then is best tip.

Quote Originally Posted by cabledude View Post
    Radio stations will play inoffensive music for 20 minutes before the official statement.
    I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS) View Post
    Dear comrade, do not fall for the ole skool funk. Even the Brits are not that cynical, that they would dispatch Liz with a well timed injection...unless literally, they got word from G.C.H.Q that their was an asteroid on its way.....
    Jesus don't you know by now how it works?

George V (Her Majesstidutes grandfather) was sent off with a well timed injection, so the news of his death could reach the Evening Papers. I always like that his last words were - on being told that he still had a schedule which involved visiting the North of England - "Bugger Bognor."

"Abide with Me" - the great favourite of football fans in the old days - came from announcements that "His Majestys life was drawing peacefully to a close" at a soccer match. The fans erupted. Its the Old Elephant isn't it? Singing goodbye to what you know.

The present Royals are rubbish and will never claim that support.

If you want the love and allegiance of the English as their Monarch, you must be a desperately boring old fart who turns out every day, come rain or shine, dull and plodding and always there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    George V (Her Majesstidutes grandfather) was sent off with a well timed injection, so the news of his death could reach the Evening Papers.
    So it would make the morning edition of the Times rather than the lesser evening papers, or so I've read. That was when the Times wasn't owned by the Dirty Digger.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment