Register to Comment
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Originally Posted by Clanrickard
    Why are they all women?
    Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    They cost less.
    There was the absolutely genuine case of the Tory M.P. who said many years ago, that he was in favour of equal pay for men and women provided that the men's wages were reduced to those of the women.

They don't make Tory MPs - or men - like that anymore.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Child abuse inquiry: 13 investigations to be carried out

An ITV report on 5 August summarises the 13 seperate investigations that are to be carried out by the Child Abuse Inquiry
    Child abuse inquiry: 13 investigations to be carried out - ITV News

They include:

Westminster
    An "overarching inquiry" into allegations of abuse and exploitation involving "people of public prominence associated with Westminster". Claims involving "current or former" MPs, senior civil servants and members of the intelligence and security agencies will be scrutinised.

Roman Catholic Church
    The probe will look into institutional failures to protect children from abuse in the Catholic church in England and Wales.

Anglican Church
    The Anglican Church will also be investigated to look at the extent of any institutional failures to protect children from abuse.

The internet
    The inquiry will look into institutional responses to child sexual abuse and exploitation "facilitated" by the internet.

Residential schools
    Abuse and exploitation of children in residential schools, both state and independent, will be investigated.

Nottinghamshire councils

Lambeth council, London

Lord Janner
    Allegations of child sex abuse against the late Lord Greville Janner will be investigated.

British institutions and organisations abroad
    These include the Armed forces, Foreign Office, the British Council and private companies and charitable institutions abroad.

Custodial Institutions

Child sexual exploitation by organised networks

etc

It is an idiotic programme but designed to appease the "Victims" who will scream "cover-up" if anything is omitted. It cannot possibly be concluded in the 5 year timeframe proposed - nor in 10 years either I suspect. ESPECIALLY as the fanatics have also abolished the proposed boundary date of 1970 and the Inquiry will now take details of allegations dating back to 1945! It is an Inquiry that is set up for failure and this will confirm the "Victims" organisations in their view that it's all part of an Establishment Plot. But it was the alleged Victims themselves who created this monstrosity!
    Last edited by Kilbarry1; 20th August 2016 at 12:22 AM.

What exactly is the point of all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    You must have been one ugly child.

Quote Originally Posted by redsaint View Post
    You must have been one ugly child.
    Erm...anyone???

At least they set up an enquiry.

FF, FG and the Catholic church have been the holy trinity of child abuse in this country, and i am still waiting for the enquiry.

The Reason Why

See my last paragraph above. See also the last paragraph of the ITV report as follows:

Accountability and reparations for victims and survivors of abuse
    This arm of the inquiry will focus on the support services and legal remedies available to victims and survivors of child sexual abuse.

It was added to the inquiry following reports of inadequate support services and a civil justice system that may not deliver genuine reparation.
    [My emphasis]

"A civil justice system that may not offer genuine reparation". So what the Victims/Survivors want is "Compensation" without the need to prove anything in either the Civil or Criminal courts. They will be able to make allegations to the Child Abuse Inquiry without facing cross-examination but this is not enough; they also want money without the necessity of proving that they suffered any harm. And I have no doubt that they will get their "compensation". The Inquiry is already looking very shaky and the more it looks like failing, the more willing the politicians will be to deflect criticism by doling out huge sums of taxpayers money based on allegations alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilbarry1 View Post
    See my last paragraph above. See also the last paragraph of the ITV report as follows:

Accountability and reparations for victims and survivors of abuse
    This arm of the inquiry will focus on the support services and legal remedies available to victims and survivors of child sexual abuse.

It was added to the inquiry following reports of inadequate support services and a civil justice system that may not deliver genuine reparation.
    [My emphasis]

"A civil justice system that may not offer genuine reparation". So what the Victims/Survivors want is "Compensation" without the need to prove anything in either the Civil or Criminal courts. They will be able to make allegations to the Child Abuse Inquiry without facing cross-examination but this is not enough; they also want money without the necessity of proving that they suffered any harm. And I have no doubt that they will get their "compensation". The Inquiry is already looking very shaky and the more it looks like failing, the more willing the politicians will be to deflect criticism by doling out huge sums of taxpayers money based on allegations alone!
    Lovely. So we're back to Salem witch trial territory again, where an accuser's pointing finger is seen as proof of guilt. At least it shows one thing - Ireland isn't the only country prone to this mania, the British are as bad.

An aside - I see part of the enquiry focuses on the Anglican Church. I wonder if they will deal with the accusations against the late Bishop George Bell? If so, that might get interesting because unlike most dead people accused of child abuse, he still has people willing and able to defend him.

Lovely. So we're back to Salem witch trial territory again, where an accuser's pointing finger is seen as proof of guilt. At least it shows one thing - Ireland isn't the only country prone to this mania, the British are as bad.

An aside - I see part of the enquiry focuses on the Anglican Church. I wonder if they will deal with the accusations against the late Bishop George Bell? If so, that might get interesting because unlike most dead people accused of child abuse, he still has people willing and able to defend him.
    I see from the Wikipedia article on Bishop George Bell (who died in 1958)

...In 1995, 37 years after Bell's death, a complaint was made to the then Bishop of Chichester, Eric Kemp, alleging that Bell had abused a child during the 1940s and 1950s.[9] The complaint was not passed on to police until a second complaint was made to the office of Justin Welby, the Archbishop of Canterbury, in 2013, eighteen years after the first complaint had been made and fifty-five years after Bell's death....

The problem is that the Inquiry will probably accept the truth of any allegation unless the person/institution can PROVE that it is false. I think it is almost impossible to PROVE that an allegation dating to the 1940s and 1950s is false. There was a case a few years ago in which the head of the Vincentian Order in Australia was arrested - amid huge publicity - on the basis of allegations that he had abused a child 20 years previously. He was released after he was able to prove that he was not on the Australian sub-continent at that time! But this kind of thing is rare. Moreover it was a mere 20 years AND the accuser was so grotesquely stupid that he hadn't done the most basic homework. You can rarely depend on that kind of good fortune.

Allegations of child sex abuse against the late Lord Greville Janner

The investigation that is likely to create the greatest difficulty for the Inquiry is that into child abuse allegations against the late Lord Greville Janner who died in December 2015. Jannerís son Daniel is a barrister and a Queenís Counsel, has denounced the allegations against his father as lies and is taking legal action against the Inquiry. His legal action may be one reason why the THIRD Chairwoman Lady Goddard resigned as she had already demonstrated her lack of knowledge of English law. Iím sure she would have been in no position to stand up to Daniel Janner in the witness box!

In an article in the Sunday Times on 7 August, Dominic Lawson made some points that Daniel Janner is likely to make in court
    Months wasted hunting headlines rather than the truth about child abuse | Comment | The Times & The Sunday Times

It has since emerged that Jannerís principal accuser, now middle-aged, in 1991 made false allegations of sexual assault against the woman running the care home he had lived in, Barbara Fitt ó at the same time he first told police he had been abused by Janner. Mrs Fitt was exonerated later that year, but died suddenly at the age of 44, months after she had been formally cleared.

In common with others who much later came forward with similar allegations against Janner, this principal accuser is making civil claims for damages against the late peerís estate. So when their lawyer, Liz Dux of Slater and Gordon, declared that her clients (some of whom have convictions for fraud and obtaining property by deception) ďare not motivated by anything other than getting to the truth,Ē that, itself, is not the whole truth.Ē

So Lord Jannerís principal accuser made false allegations against someone else, other accusers have convictions for fraud and their lawyer claims that their SOLE motivation is getting to the truth, even though they are making claims for damages against Lord Jannerís estate! Yes Iím sure that Daniel Janner will have plenty of material to work on if and when he gets these people into the witness box.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment