Register to Comment
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Quote Originally Posted by viper999 View Post
    They had there referendum and rejected the chance. By remaining British they knew voting on Brexit was a British choice, one they have to accept unfortunately. What a joke no no we want to be governed by London, no no actually we want Brussels in charge.
    Absolute idiots.... wanting to join one sh1t union for another...
    BS.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by viper999 View Post
    They had there referendum and rejected the chance. By remaining British they knew voting on Brexit was a British choice, one they have to accept unfortunately. What a joke no no we want to be governed by London, no no actually we want Brussels in charge.
    Absolute idiots.... wanting to join one sh1t union for another...
    All over twitter tonight, there are captions being tweeted and retweeted of comments made by Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson a week before the Scottish Indo referendum that a NO vote to Scottish Independence was a Yes vote to the EU.

That's not working out too well, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by sport02 View Post
    All over twitter tonight, there are captions being tweeted and retweeted of comments made by Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson a week before the Scottish Indo referendum that a NO vote to Scottish Independence was a Yes vote to the EU.

That's not working out too well, is it?
    Haha u couldn't make it up.

The SNP must seize the opportunity now in the next 12 months , if Nicola Sturgeon lets this chance go her tenure will go down as a complete failure no matter what else she achieves , they will never have a better chance for independence than they do now.

I suspect they will find an EU very much open to an independent Scotland now with a lot of Euro big wigs wanting to make the UK's(England) decision as costly as possible for them.

I heard an English commentator yesterday say that British officials involved in Brexit negotiations with the EU would request that part of such talks the EU would make it as difficult as possible for an Independent Scotland to have an easy path to EU membership.

His view was simple, Europe will be doing Britain no favours at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Betson View Post
    The SNP must seize the opportunity now in the next 12 months , if Nicola Sturgeon lets this chance go her tenure will go down as a complete failure no matter what else she achieves , they will never have a better chance for independence than they do now.

I suspect they will find an EU very much open to an independent Scotland now with a lot of Euro big wigs wanting to make the UK's(England) decision as costly as possible for them.
    The SNP is working on it as I type. There could be a referendum by October - which would nicely coincide with the Tory leadership election.

Scottish Labour have made noises about supporting independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Danger View Post
    Catalonia, the Basque Country, Wallonia.....
    Not many Walloon separatists but lots of Flemish ones.

I heard an English commentator yesterday say that British officials involved in Brexit negotiations with the EU would request that part of such talks they would make it as difficult as possible for an Independent Scotland to have an easy path to EU membership.

The Spanish might be okay with that for obvious reasons

I heard an English commentator yesterday say that British officials involved in Brexit negotiations with the EU would request that part of such talks they would make it as difficult as possible for an Independent Scotland to have an easy path to EU membership.

I think Scotland will find it easy. The President of the EU Parliament said yesterday he would support Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Betson View Post

All new members have to join the euro, makes the decision a bit harder

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment