Register to Comment
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

The brilliant Katie Hopkins and free speech death watch

Katie Hopkins' views are now considered matters for law enforcement, and it is utterly terrifying - Comment - Voices - The Independent

This piece is well worth reading and shows the terrifying trend towards the Old Bill investigating "offensive" speech in the UK. The above piece contains the big brotheresque statement from the ridiculously named Police Scotland (I am not joking):

“Please be aware that we will continue to monitor comments on social media and any offensive comments will be investigated.”
    That should worry not just Jocks.....oops If calling the Scots 'Jocks' is a racist crime then Western Civilisation is over - Breitbart sorry Scots and Brits but given that there are Aodhán O Riordán types in the Irish political set up and our unfortunate propensity to ape the UK it should worry us too.

Katie Hopkins has 290,000 twitter followers, is widely read and gets paid ahuge amount of money. She is clever, witty and a brilliant wind up merchant. By causing priggish busy body cappuccino leftist heads to explode she provides lots of fun and entertainment and it increases her bank balance. The perpetually offended are too stupid and self absorbed to see this. That the police can't see it is worrying.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    Katie Hopkins' views are now considered matters for law enforcement, and it is utterly terrifying - Comment - Voices - The Independent

This piece is well worth reading and shows the terrifying trend towards the Old Bill investigating "offensive" speech in the UK. The above piece contains the big brotheresque statement from the ridiculously named Police Scotland (I am not joking):

That should worry not just Jocks.....oops If calling the Scots 'Jocks' is a racist crime then Western Civilisation is over - Breitbart sorry Scots and Brits but given that there are Aodhán O Riordán types in the Irish political set up and our unfortunate propensity to ape the UK it should worry us too.

Katie Hopkins has 290,000 twitter followers, is widely read and gets paid ahuge amount of money. She is clever, witty and a brilliant wind up merchant. By causing priggish busy body cappuccino leftist heads to explode she provides lots of fun and entertainment and it increases her bank balance. The perpetually offended are too stupid and self absorbed to see this. That the police can't see it is worrying.
    I don't like Katie. I think she's an attention seeker prepared to say anything, however cruel & vicious, to extend her fifteen minutes. But this is a bit much & I'm sick of these ridiculous attempts to sanitize the internet, and legislate politeness.

Just because someone is offended doesn't mean they are right.

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    I don't like Katie. I think she's an attention seeker prepared to say anything, however cruel & vicious, to extend her fifteen minutes. But this is a bit much & I'm sick of these ridiculous attempts to sanitize the internet, and legislate politeness.

Just because someone is offended doesn't mean they are right.
    Exactly, she is not "brilliant", she is an obnoxious little worm who is desperate for attention and fame but has not talent or skills beyond hard neck to achieve it.
    Of course it is completely wrong that she be silenced or that her views become illegal, just as it is wrong that she is given media oxygen to express those views.

Easy to counter this type of over zealous policing. It just needs a critical mass of protestors to parrot the exact comments simultaneously.

Let the Stasi deal with that!

Brilliant and Katie Hopkins in the same sentence...?..

Alice, we're definitely through the looking glass!

Brilliant might be pushing it.

The OP is being Hopkinsian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentalist Clientelist View Post
    The OP is being Hopkinsian.
    Please - she already generates enough publicity as it is without becoming an adjective as well.

So the Scottish are upset some brit limey refereed to them as jocks?

And the west-brit huns are here to defend her statements?

Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
    So the Scottish are upset some brit limey refereed to them as jocks?

And the west-brit huns are here to defend her statements?

Good to know.
    Reported.

To the cops.

Twitter
    @

In all truth media-tart Ms Hopkins makes some sort of career out of being "offensive". Low-rent Michelle Malkin (who is pretty low already).

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment