Register to Comment
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 122
Like Tree45Likes
  1. #91
    A REASON A REASON is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,961

    Another seedy, creepy man involved with thatcher. I think at this stage the doubt that thatcher knew of the child abuse going on is gone. The only question remaining is: was she involved herself?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #92
    Des Quirell Des Quirell is offline
    Des Quirell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17,592

    Quote Originally Posted by ArdMhacha-Bhoy View Post
    I dont know anything about him.
    I would like to know what involvement he had in 'NI' policies.
    I assume he has blood on his hands being a member of THAT government.
    No rushing to judgement, then. That's always good to see. I value the views of those who do their research and who offer considered opinions.

    Incidentally, how old *are* you if you weren't aware of his role?
    Last edited by Des Quirell; 18th January 2014 at 09:50 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #93
    Ex celt Ex celt is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,479

    Quote Originally Posted by A REASON View Post
    Another seedy, creepy man involved with thatcher. I think at this stage the doubt that thatcher knew of the child abuse going on is gone. The only question remaining is: was she involved herself?
    Goes without saying.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #94
    Nedz Newt Nedz Newt is offline
    Nedz Newt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,113

    There's a wealth of conspiracy theories about well-connected paedophile rings in the UK, all over The Inter Net. No way of verifying it (and don't worry Moderators, I won't post even the name of a website here, people can look it up and believe what they want, please activate your bullsh!t detectors if doing so). I found the story of the annihilation of Scallywag was very interesting.

    Another that caught my eye was a theory that the very mysterious murder of Jill Dando was related to information she'd acquired on the involvement of BBC figures and others in such a paedo ring.
    The man framed for Jill Dando's murder, Barry George, is now a near neighbour of mine. All I will say about Mr George is that he is clearly a troubled man. If ever you needed to frame someone for an inexplicable crime, a man of Mr George's description would be perfect.
    Last edited by Nedz Newt; 18th January 2014 at 10:05 PM. Reason: correcting a typo
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #95
    pluralist2 pluralist2 is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    324

    Quote Originally Posted by Nedz Newt View Post
    Another that caught my eye was a theory that the very mysterious murder of Jill Dando was related to information she'd acquired on the involvement of BBC figures and others in such a paedo ring.
    The man framed for Jill Dando's murder, Barry George, is now a near neighbour of mine. All I will say about Mr George is that he is clearly a troubled man. If ever you needed to frame someone for an inexplicable crime, a man of Mr George's description would be perfect.
    That particular case needs a silver bullet to crack it. I don't rule out the conspiracy theory - but currently there is no evidence, at least in the public domain.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #96
    Nedz Newt Nedz Newt is offline
    Nedz Newt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,113

    Quote Originally Posted by pluralist2 View Post
    That particular case needs a silver bullet to crack it. I don't rule out the conspiracy theory - but currently there is no evidence, at least in the public domain.
    Agreed, there is no available evidence to suggest why that murder happened. The conspiracy story that I read discredited itself by following the subsequent careers of some of those connected with the investigation and drawing adverse conclusions about them, without any evidence.

    I am intrigued by the conviction of Barry George; even when his conviction was set aside he was not given a completely clean bill of legal health, or paid compensation. To plant the suggestion in the public mind that "we had to let him go on a technicality but we all know nudge nudge wink wink".

    Knowing George, I've concluded that there couldn't have been one person among police or judiciary or anywhere who could seriously have believed him to have committed this crime, but they pursued him and convicted him anyway.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #97
    parentheses parentheses is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,333

    When Jimmy Savile died, this article appeared on a conspiracy website.

    At the time, I thought the article was outlandish and did not believe it. But subsequent events showed there was an element of truth there

    “many young boys in various care homes can sleep easier in their beds now that Jimmy Saville has gone”
    Death of a Showman: Jimmy Savile 1926-2011
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #98
    bogtrotter bogtrotter is offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,855

    Quote Originally Posted by A REASON View Post
    Another seedy, creepy man involved with thatcher. I think at this stage the doubt that thatcher knew of the child abuse going on is gone. The only question remaining is: was she involved herself?
    Hope the are both enjoying the eternal fire...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #99
    Muilleann Muilleann is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    158

    Some right old rant on this thread.

    Most of it not worth bothering with.

    Was this guy founder of "McAlpines' Fusiliers"?

    The guy who identified the county rivalry amongst the various Irish communities and pitted gangs from opposing counties against each other to get as much work as popssible out of them?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #100
    Nedz Newt Nedz Newt is offline
    Nedz Newt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,113

    Quote Originally Posted by Muilleann View Post
    Some right old rant on this thread.

    Most of it not worth bothering with.

    Was this guy founder of "McAlpines' Fusiliers"?

    The guy who identified the county rivalry amongst the various Irish communities and pitted gangs from opposing counties against each other to get as much work as popssible out of them?
    Great grandson of the original Robert McAlpine of fusilier fame
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment