Register to Comment
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Taoiseach suggests new Government Jet required

Add this to Bert's reflection on his biggest failure in office, that being to not have built a national stadium and you have to laugh. The man has lost it and probably beleives his own spin and hype that he and he alone created the wealth in this country that has allowed builders/solicitors/publicans/assorted friends of FF to buy helicopters and private jets. His political compass is switched off now he is gone and not facing the electorate again (unless he fancies the Aras, which I doubt)
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Good Quality Air Travel would be very useful to the next incumbent of the Aras. Lets face it there might not be that many other Job opportunities.

"Taoiseach suggests new Government Jet required"

A quick getaway being contemplated?

Come on Cowen, get balls quick, he just stroked Bev in right before your eyes, you said nothing what else will he do, cut him and his appointees free now, save FF or be like Bertie spending your time covering their allegedly criminal acts or will you depend on a Mary Harney type booboo.

Well before eveyone starts burying the Taoiseach, I would like our Government to travel in a style befitting a government. What's international best practice regarding this?

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith
    According to TodayFM today (22nd April 2008), An Taoiseach has suggested that his successor should consider a new government jet because with the current one "you can stand up" and it "has no toilet". He is referring to the Learjet 45 purchased new in 2004 for 8.5 million.
    Just confirms what I've always suspected. Bertie and the rest of them have been peeing on us all from a great height for several years past....

Jesus, that "fleet" is an embarrassment, we're like some tinpot third world country. We must be the laughing stock of Europe

Oh we are the laughing stock of europe allright, but it is not because we dont have modern government jets.

Quote Originally Posted by fergalr
    Well before eveyone starts burying the Taoiseach, I would like our Government to travel in a style befitting a government. What's international best practice regarding this?
    Air Force 1.

De Bert can have a look at it when he goes to DC shortly.

Well if we give them a tripped out 747 then there is the intriuging spin-off that they might stay away on it forever.

As long as it matches the colours of the new Dublin Bus/Irishrail/Luas etc... colours proposed by Slow Depmsey yesterday i'll be happy enough. Can anyone else see bertie in a bus drivers uniform now that he's not long for the dole queue ??? Well the image made me laugh anyway

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment