Register to Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Taxi drivers in Ireland both foreign and native ripping off their customers

I'm sick and tired of being ripped off by taxi drivers in Ireland.

Yesterday, I got a taxi home from the Airport. I live relatively close to the Airport and thus was expecting to be home in less than fifteen minutes and believed the fare would be less than twenty euro. To my annoyance the taxi driver took the a longer route, obviously deliberately on his part. The journey took longer than twenty minutes and was cost me twenty three euro.

Should we bring in a system that obliges all registered taxi drivers to have a SAT NAV in their taxi that makes them take the quickest and most cost effective route?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Serves you right for living so close to the Airport. Taxi Drivers melt down when they have to pick up anybody who lives North of Dalkey and doesn't insist on the M50.

Quote Originally Posted by Wigmore View Post
    Serves you right for living so close to the Airport. Taxi Drivers melt down when they have to pick up anybody who lives North of Dalkey and doesn't insist on the M50.
    Why would I insist on the M50? The $sshole didn't need need to use the motor way. Plenty of jobs for drivers at the Airport, but all they do is bitch and moan, while robbing the rest of us.

In spain they normally have a suggested tariff at the airport to main tourist areas. You could have been less Irish and throw him what you think the fair ought to have been

Quote Originally Posted by silverharp View Post
    In spain they normally have a suggested tariff at the airport to main tourist areas. You could have been less Irish and throw him what you think the fair ought to have been
    Is that legal?

Why didn't you tell him which way to go?

Quote Originally Posted by The Nal View Post
    Why didn't you tell him which way to go?
    He's a taxi driver, why should I be responsible for telling him what the most efficient is route is to take?

Quote Originally Posted by Politics matters View Post
    I'm sick and tired of being ripped off by taxi drivers in Ireland.

Yesterday, I got a taxi home from the Airport. I live relatively close to the Airport and thus was expecting to be home in less than fifteen minutes and believed the fare would be less than twenty euro. To my annoyance the taxi driver took the a longer route, obviously deliberately on his part. The journey took longer than twenty minutes and was cost me twenty three euro.

Should we bring in a system that obliges all registered taxi drivers to have a SAT NAV in their taxi that makes them take the quickest and most cost effective route?
    Why did you not say something at the time.? You are from the area so you must have known he was going the long way round.

Quote Originally Posted by silverharp View Post
    And they all also carry a list of tariffs to all the main destinations. If in doubt ask to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Politics matters View Post
    Is that legal?
    and get into an official argument over how he gouged you, he would drive off giving you a few choice words. It depends how certain you were he was taking the p1ss. Its never happened to me but years ago a friend was speaking foreign with his girlfriend and the taxi guy took them on a magical mystery tour of Dublin, he reverted to Dublin accent at the end and threw him the normal fair. No more was said.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment