Register to Comment
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Longest commutes in Ireland

There was a very interesting Irish Times article two weeks ago as part of a series about commuters.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...96003?mode=amp

It turns out that there are people commuting from Limerick (city and rural) to Dublin city centre by train five days a week, and even people from Cork (doesn't specify where). The series has since highlighted long commutes to Dublin from other spots like Craigavon, South Armagh, Offaly and Ballinasloe. It sounds very long and draining and not something I'd sign up for.

Is anyone aware of, or maybe doing, a "super commute"? I wonder if anyone is doing Waterford or Belfast to Dublin daily.

35 min walk to the office myself.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie's Hat View Post
    There was a very interesting Irish Times article two weeks ago as part of a series about commuters.

It turns out that there are people commuting from Limerick (city and rural) to Dublin city centre by train five days a week, and even people from Cork (doesn't specify where). The series has since highlighted long commutes to Dublin from other spots like Craigavon, South Armagh, Offaly and Ballinasloe. It sounds very long and draining and not something I'd sign up for.

Is anyone aware of, or maybe doing, a "super commute"? I wonder if anyone is doing Waterford or Belfast to Dublin daily.

I have friends in Tipp, a couple. Each morning one drives to Limerick and the other to Dublin. 5 days a week.

The are mad.

I know a lad from Waterford City who commutes to Dublin by train on a daily basis.
    He works for the DSW.

I know someone else who commutes from just outside New Ross to Guinness's (Diageo) on a daily basis by car.

I have friends in Tipp, a couple. Each morning one drives to Limerick and the other to Dublin. 5 days a week.

The are mad.

Quote Originally Posted by gleeful View Post

The are mad.
    That must leave little family time during the week. Even if the Limerick person was at home it wouldn't be quite so bad.

George Hook travelled from 1972 to 2017 in one weekend

Moi converted the east annex into an office, tis a rather tiresome walk...

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Moi converted the east annex into an office, tis a rather tiresome walk...

Rots is finally Jealous, your pad and Estate got mine by a smidgen.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS) View Post
    Rots is finally Jealous, your pad and Estate got mine by a smidgen.....
    Thons just the shed...

going a bit off topic but I assume that it is a massive coincidence that the NYT ran the exact same type of article a couple of weeks before the IT one.........

one of the smaller bug bears I have as an emigrant looking back into the country is the transposing of stories and issues from Abroad, normally the sodden isle to the east, to Ireland...it's a very narrow minded low confidence version of being outward looking.......
    Last edited by Roberto Jordan; 12th September 2017 at 05:50 AM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment