Register to Comment
Page 100 of 103 FirstFirst ... 50 909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1021
Like Tree432Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher2 View Post
    If they had them, perhaps. If public transport had appropriate investment to improve the offering, perhaps they wouldn't.
    90% of cyclists own cars
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Talbot View Post
    As incoming Minister for Velocipedal Bicycularism allow me to state I am quite prepared to go on a fact-finding mission through South-East-Asia at modest expense in order to ruminate on this issue.
    I am looking forward to reading your blog of your cycling journey to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by nakatomi View Post
    90% of cyclists own cars
    100% of cyclists are people.

90% of cyclists own cars
    So, then they have them. What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Sotired View Post
    63% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher2 View Post
    Or outlaw cycling so they will take public transport instead. That way, you can maximize capacity in public transport, put more investment into its infrastructure and leave more space for drivers and pedestrians alike seeing as cyclists now have cycle lanes both on roads AND on foot paths. Or let cyclists walk. Less carbon emissions from manufacture of bicycles and their paraphernalia - plastics, rubber, dyes etc
    You seem to think if you ban cycling, cyclist will all get the bus, or walk. Of course the won't , most would get in their cars and drive instead, There would in fact be less room and commuting times would be longer.

Correct.

But many cyclists are reckless dangerous drivers breaking red lights ,placing motorists in great fear, then speeding down pathways and placing pedestrians in great fear.

There has to be a stop to the mayhem and custodial sentences are required for cyclists who break a red light.

[I nearly killed one tonight as he sped with his unlit vehicle through a red light oblivious to everybody else]

Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    Correct.

But many cyclists are reckless dangerous drivers breaking red lights ,placing motorists in great fear, then speeding down pathways and placing pedestrians in great fear.

There has to be a stop to the mayhem and custodial sentences are required for cyclists who break a red light.

[I nearly killed one tonight as he sped with his unlit vehicle through a red light oblivious to everybody else]
    Surprised you are not calling for the return of capital punishment for this, the most heinous of crimes .

Quiet on the ranks tonight?

At least 50% of taxi drivers aren't.

And on a completely different matter, the next time someone complains about cyclists not using cycle lanes...

You seem to think if you ban cycling, cyclist will all get the bus, or walk. Of course the won't , most would get in their cars and drive instead, There would in fact be less room and commuting times would be longer.
    Oh, surely not. Most seem to pride themselves on being so environmentally friendly.

Anyway, For the slow learners, I thought it was obvious I was merely taking the contrarian position for the proposes of discussion. I even mentioned the nonsense of such a position.

Oh well.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment