Register to Comment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Tis the season for Drunk Driving !!

The tradition is that Santa drinks brandy freebies and then gets onto his sleigh and never observes any of the traffic lights. Well, i guess the Reindeer know what they are doing. Do they observe different rules when travelling across to so many different countries ?

Anyway, last christmas there seems to have been some ballyhoo about the lack of Gardai doing checkpoints on the roads. Seeing as many people are choosing to drink at home rather than in the pub, maybe our roads are really safer than previously. So what do you estimate is the situation around where you live ? What percentage of drivers about you are 'over the limit' ? Maybe you think its ok to have one pint and drive the car ? Maybe you get sloshed and take public transport ? Maybe you are teetotal but just a very bad driver ? Back in the days of travelling by horse, what did it mean to be drunk at the reins ? What does it all mean.

Happy Christmas, drink up and slow down and give the keys to the tooth fairy.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter-Gatherer View Post
    The tradition is that Santa drinks brandy freebies and then gets onto his sleigh and never observes any of the traffic lights. Well, i guess the Reindeer know what they are doing. Do they observe different rules when travelling across to so many different countries ?

Anyway, last christmas there seems to have been some ballyhoo about the lack of Gardai doing checkpoints on the roads. Seeing as many people are choosing to drink at home rather than in the pub, maybe our roads are really safer than previously. So what do you estimate is the situation around where you live ? What percentage of drivers about you are 'over the limit' ? Maybe you think its ok to have one pint and drive the car ? Maybe you get sloshed and take public transport ? Maybe you are teetotal but just a very bad driver ? Back in the days of travelling by horse, what did it mean to be drunk at the reins ? What does it all mean.

Happy Christmas, drink up and slow down and give the keys to the tooth fairy.
    Weed is also prohibited H-G.

I wonder if the guards will be doing early morning checkpoints for people driving in to work the morning after the xmas party.

Quote Originally Posted by che schifo View Post
    I wonder if the guards will be doing early morning checkpoints for people driving in to work the morning after the xmas party.
    what about all the drink drivers who do not work ? seems like discrimination against early risers to me ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter-Gatherer View Post
    what about all the drink drivers who do not work ? seems like discrimination against early risers to me ?
    I'd say a lot of people could be caught out by that. There's an ad campaign running on the radio at the moment.

Do the right thing- get hammered before your wife does so that it is up to her to drive.

I'm breast-feeding.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    I'm breast-feeding.
    Ouch. That can make your nipples smart.

Quote Originally Posted by che schifo View Post
    Ouch. That can make your nipples smart.

My nipples? They're not my breasts.

My advise is to just get a taxi.