Register to Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Sunday : Dublin City Centre street parking.

I used to regularly drive in to Dublin City Centre on Sundays to take advantage of free city centre street parking.

For the last few months for different reasons, I was not able to get in to the city centre on Sunday's.
    Today was the first opportunity to do so.
    However I notice that Dublin Corporation is now charging for on street parking on Sunday's between 14.00hrs and 18.00hrs.

I realise that Corporation/County Council budgets have tightened but charging punters to park on a Sunday must surely be detrimental to city centre businesses?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by gerhard dengler View Post
    I used to regularly drive in to Dublin City Centre on Sundays to take advantage of free city centre street parking.

For the last few months for different reasons, I was not able to get in to the city centre on Sunday's.
    However I notice that Dublin Corporation is now charging for on street parking on Sunday's between 14.00hrs and 18.00hrs.

I realise that Corporation/County Council budgets have tightened but charging punters to park on a Sunday must surely be detrimental to city centre businesses?
    I wouldn't have thought it was any more detrimental on a Sunday than any other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Niall996 View Post
    I wouldn't have thought it was any more detrimental on a Sunday than any other day.
    I guess it detrimental most days, but Sunday's used be the only day on which you were guaranteed free city centre parking.
    I'm just wondering has their been a decrease in the number of people driving in to and parking in the city centre on Sunday's as a result of these new parking charges?

Is this is in all parking locations around the city centre that charge on week days?

Quote Originally Posted by vladimir View Post
    Is this is in all parking locations around the city centre that charge on week days?
    The parking signs in Dublin 2 and Dublin 8 where I was looking for parking have all been amended to include parking fees for Sunday's.
    Whereas before parking was free all day Sunday.

I guess it detrimental most days, but Sunday's used be the only day on which you were guaranteed free city centre parking.
    I'm just wondering has their been a decrease in the number of people driving in to and parking in the city centre on Sunday's as a result of these new parking charges?
    I'd imagine the charges are due to increased amounts of people coming into town on Sundays.

DCC don't give a sh1te about business.

The parking signs in Dublin 2 and Dublin 8 where I was looking for parking have all been amended to include parking fees for Sunday's.
    Whereas before parking was free all day Sunday.
    you cant have it both ways

Quote Originally Posted by Niall996 View Post
    I'd imagine the charges are due to increased amounts of people coming into town on Sundays.
    Maybe a small proportion of people leaving their cars in town from Saturday night also?

It's all part of DCC's private motorist hate campaign, the idiots in charge are literally driving consumers out of the city to out of town shopping centres with ample parking. DCC's traffic committee and the joke traffic dept. should be taken out and shot. The city's drop in footfall resulting in a major reduction in business coupled with insane traffic planning has increased job losses and being the idiots that they are, less revenue for DCC!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment